Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Daily Reset PnL stats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daily Reset PnL stats

Hi Guys
    on my real trading account, all PnL (Gross Realized, Realized PnL, unRealized PnL, Total PnL) resets daily, so all the profit or loss I make, at the end of the day it resets to 0.
    so everyday my Ninjatrader starts with fresh stats.

But on Playback, it keeps accumulating PnL day after day, it does not reset it each day like in live trading.

How do I make it reset all PnL stats (Gross Realized, Realized PnL, unRealized PnL, Total PnL)​ at the end of everyday to 0? so my tests will be the same as live trading

Hello onlinebusiness,

Thank you for your post.

The Playback101 is created based on the Sim101 account properties when connecting to the Playback connection. This is listed on Note 3 on the following help guide page:

This means that it also inherits the behavior of the simulator in that it will "shift" to the next trading day at 4:15pm EST every day, though if NinjaTrader is running at that time the trading day shift will occur on the next start-up of the platform. The Playback101 account may only be reset/refreshed by disconnecting and reconnecting or rewinding.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
    Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Emily, thanks for the reply.

So in simple words, What I am looking for cannot be achieved in playback?

Comment

Hello onlinebusiness,

Thank you for your reply.

Correct, it may not be achieved. If you'd like, I could submit a feature request to our development team to consider this for a future update of NinjaTrader. If this interests you, let me know and I will gladly submit the request.

Please feel free to reach out with any additional questions or concerns.

Comment

Emily. Is the only way to reset the P/L to shut down NT and restart? I have a VPS and I restart on the weekends only so my strategies run throughout the week. Would love to be able to reset the stats at the end of every trading day. Is there a way to do this without shutting it down?

Comment

Originally posted by aflorey View Post
            Emily. Is the only way to reset the P/L to shut down NT and restart? I have a VPS and I restart on the weekends only so my strategies run throughout the week. Would love to be able to reset the stats at the end of every trading day. Is there a way to do this without shutting it down?
            Hello aflorey,

Thank you for your note.

The reset on a live account depends on your broker. Most PnL resets occur either daily or during maintenance windows when a disconnect is forced. The stats might only be reset after a disconnect/reconnect, although that would likely still affect your strategies depending on their ConnectionLossHandling settings:

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by rhyminkevin, Today, 04:58 PM
            3 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Anfedport  
            Started by iceman2018, Today, 05:07 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes