Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

parabolic stop issue connected vs not connected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

parabolic stop issue connected vs not connected

Hi,
    When i run a strategy in the analyzer when not connected to my data provider, the parabolic stop performs as expected.
    When i run a strategy in the analyzer when connected to my data provider, the parabolic stop does not perform at all. All exits are on session close
    please advise.
    David

Hi David, thanks for posting. The only difference between being connected and not connected is NinjaTrader will use the locally stored data to run the backtest while disconnected vs pulling from the historical data server whilst connected. If you have a lease or lifetime license key it will always pull from the NinjaTrader historical data server. There are many details that you have left out of your post that could affect the behavior of a parabolic stop. The first detail being the parabolic stop relies on the Calculate property for updating, so if the strategy runs OnEachTick, the parabolic stop will be checked for an update on every tick. With OnBarClose the parabolic stop will only update once on the bar close. The strategy analyzer only runs scripts OnBarClose, so assuming the parabolic stop is only updated once per bar this could change behavior. If you could post a reduced test script that is able to recreate this issue, It would be helpful for the troubleshooting process to better describe the issue being posted here. I will then test it on my end and let you know of my results and the changes we can make to help make this more accurate.

Kind regards,
    -ChrisL
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Chris L.
      Please see attached, thx.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi David, thanks for posting. Could you please Export and post the script you are working with in the screen shots so I can test it on my end?

Kind regards,
        -ChrisL

Comment

it's in the attachments

Comment

Hi, I am sorry but the code is not included. You only included screen shots of your strategy, but not the strategy code. I will need a reduced example strategy that is reproducing the issue and exact steps to take to reproduce (the exact chart being used and any additional parameters).

Comment

I checked and the code was definitely included in the original post. it's been removed for some reason on your end, so I'll repost it.
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi David, thanks for posting that. I tested and I get the same result while connected and disconnected. Please try resetting your cache data to load new cache data. First, close the platform then go to Documents\NinjaTrader 8\db\cache and delete the contents of this folder. After this, connect to your data source and run the backtest again.

Comment

Hi Chris, I did as directed. Still vastly different results

Comment

Hi David, please check the log tab of the Control Center for any errors. If there is nothing there, the platform should be working nominaly in the Strategy Analyzer as long as you are connected to your data source.

Kind regards,
                    -ChrisL​

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by tradingnasdaqprueba, 04-09-2024, 09:52 AM
                    6 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post tradingnasdaqprueba  
                    Started by PaulMohn, Today, 02:06 AM