Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How to use the strategy on MES chart while this is overlapped on ES chart?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to use the strategy on MES chart while this is overlapped on ES chart?

Hello!
    MES can be traded after it was overlapped on 2K ES tick chart. In this case, the indicators are loaded on ES chart. So far, so good.
    But is there a way to use a strategy on MES while this is overlapped on ES Chart? If yes, which set in would be done?

Many thanks in advance.

Hello Stanfillirenfro,

Thanks for your post.

To clarify, you have two instruments on the same chart and they are both in the same panel on the chart. Is that correct?

Yes, you could enable a strategy on the MES instrument when it is on the same chart panel as the ES instrument data series.

To do so, right click on the chart window, select 'Strategies', add the strategy to the Configured section of the Strategies window, and set the 'Input series' property drop-down menu to use the MES instrument, check the 'Enable' checkbox, and click OK.

See this video demonstration these steps: https://brandonh-ninjatrader.tinytak...OF8yMDY3NTk1NA

Let me know if I may assist further.
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello NinjaTrader_BrandonH and many thanks for your reply.
      To clarify, you have two instruments on the same chart and they are both in the same panel on the chart. Is that correct?
      YES!
      To do so, right click on the chart window, select 'Strategies', add the strategy to the Configured section of the Strategies window, and set the 'Input series' property drop-down menu to use the MES instrument, check the 'Enable' checkbox, and click OK.
      It is exactly what I am doing BarndonH. The problem here is that my MES has DAILY as timeframe while my ES is a 2K tick chart.
      I also have the indicator plotted on the chart, that I have used to code the strategy, but when I have the signal bar, the strategy does not place the order. This strategy is working fine when the charts are not overlapped.

Comment

Hello Stanfillirenfro,

Thanks for your note.

If you have two data series on a chart and apply a strategy to one of those data series, the strategy will only see that specific series that it was added on. Chart Trader must be enabled, the 'Instrument' drop-down menu in Chart Trader must be set to the same instrument the strategy was enabled on, and the Account drop-down menu must be set to the same account the strategy was applied on for the order markers to appear on the chart. Otherwise, only execution text and markers will appear.

See this demonstration video: https://brandonh-ninjatrader.tinytak...Ml8yMDY4MjYxMg

Let me know if I may assist further.
        Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello NinjaTrader_BrandonH!
          Many thanks for your help. It is working!!!!

Many many thanks!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Jonafare, 12-06-2012, 03:48 PM
          5 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post rene69851  
          Started by Fitspressorest, Today, 01:38 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes