Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Strategy Builder Newbie Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy Builder Newbie Issues

Just started with Strategy Builder, and all my entries only exits when an entry in the opposite direction is given. I've added Stops and Targets and they are ignored. What am I doing wrong?

Hello Coreycharles100,

From the description it would be impossible to say what's wrong. Are you sure that your targets are priced so that they could fill before the next opposite signal? For builder questions you generally need to include much more specific detail about what you have done such as images of the sets and values being used for targets etc. If you have a reversal strategy and the opposite condition becomes true before the target fills you would just see alternating entries and reversals
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Below is a screenshot of the entry condition for Sells and the Stop/Target Input. And a screen shot showing the entries connecting together. Not sure what else to check to stop the system from only exiting when the opposite signal is generated.​

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	118
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	1221804

Views:	106
Size:	22.5 KB
ID:	1221805

Views:	108
Size:	202.5 KB
ID:	1221806

Comment

Hello Coreycharles100,

In the image for the stops and targets page you have used the signal name "10" for the targets but you did not use that name for the entry order, the targets are looking for an entry named "10". You can either remove the signal name from the targets or make sure that the entry is named the same as what the targets are looking for.

Another problem is that you have used 0 for the value meaning that there is not any offset, you need to also enter a value for each of the targets so they are spaced away from the current price.

Comment

Thanks that solved my problem. I would also like to have only one entry per signal. And have the entry signal RESET whenever EMA9(Yellow Line) crosses SMA20(Green Line). How can I set that up. Thanks.

​ ​ ​ Click image for larger version

Views:	110
Size:	309.3 KB
ID:	1221946
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello Coreycharles100,

You would need to use a variable for that type of use case. A bool variable can be used. As part of the entry condition check if the variable is false and as part of the entry action set the bool to true. That would prevent any future signals. Later when you wanted the entry to work again you could set the bool back to false so the entry condition works again.

Comment

This is my attempt at following your advice on creating a bool variable to limit trades to one trade per moving average cross, still getting multiple trades per moving average cross. Please advise.

Views:	112
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	1222011

Views:	98
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	1222012

Views:	100
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	1222013

Views:	105
Size:	331.3 KB
ID:	1222017

​ ​
              Attached Files

Comment

Hello Coreycharles100,

In the set where you reset the variable you are just checking if the price is above the other price which can remain true for long periods of time. You would generally need something which happens infrequently like a crossover condition so that it just resets once when that happens instead of the whole time the price is above the other price.

Comment

Thank you, I was able to fix that issue. Next issue: How do I make the exit for a Long entry be based on an Indicator value (Say when RSI is Less than 20) in addition to a Profit Target of Stop Loss. Thanks.

Comment

Hello Coreycharles100,

You can find details on comparing indicator values here: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...lueComparisons

If you have follow up questions please start a new thread for those questions as they are unrelated to the original post.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by ageeholdings, Today, 07:43 AM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post ageeholdings  
                    Started by pibrew, Today, 06:37 AM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes