Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Using tdi cross in strategy builder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using tdi cross in strategy builder

Hi, how do we input tdi cross in strategy builder? I want there to be entry when rsi price line crosses trade signal line after a sharkfin. How do I input this in strategy builder?

Thank you.

Hello Justforfun123,

TDI would not be an indicator created by NinjaTrader, and I would not have insight into this 3rd party addon.

I would recommend that you contact the vendor or author that has distributed this custom software, to inquire if it is designed for use in the Strategy Builder.

For an indicator to be usable in the Strategy Builder, it has to add a plot and return the plot Value series with a public Series<double>.
    I'm trying to expose my variables to the strategy builder so everyone can have better use of the WaveTrend indicator (it has a lot of code). Explain this to me like I am 5 because this isnt the first time I've tried to figure it out and hit a wall. What is Series? I know its like an array that stores bars. Why not just call it

I am also including a link to a forum post with helpful resources on getting started with C# and NinjaScript. Be sure to watch the video 'Automate Your Trading with NinjaTrader's Strategy Builder'.

That said, the RSI indicator is included with NinjaTrader. You could select the RSI and compare when this crosses a value. I'm not sure what the rules of a 'sharkfin' is.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello, then is it possible to add candlestick patterns in strategy builder? Like testing entries based on pin bars or dojis and such. How do we set them in strategy builder? would it be candlestick doji equals candlestick doji ?

Last edited by Justforfun123; 10-21-2022, 08:01 AM.

Comment

Hello Justforfun123,

Yes, the Candlestick pattern indicator is supplied with NinjaTrader.

In the Condition Builder, select Indicator -> Candlestick pattern, select the pattern you want.
        On the right select Misc -> Numerical value -> set this to 1.

Comment

and for indis like stochastic, how do we make the entry based on stochastics crossing certain levels like 30 or 70 (oversold and overbought) and crossing back?
          also how do we make a priority wise conditions? like one condition is more important than the other? or put them in priority wise order, one condition has to be fulfilled first before other conditions can apply.

also, how do we change the account parameters and risk parameters when analyzing strategy? like we want to use higher risk or lower risk or fixed lot size or compounding lot size?
          Last edited by Justforfun123; 10-21-2022, 08:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB View Post
            Hello Justforfun123,

Yes, the Candlestick pattern indicator is supplied with NinjaTrader.

In the Condition Builder, select Indicator -> Candlestick pattern, select the pattern you want.
            On the right select Misc -> Numerical value -> set this to 1.

https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ickpattern.htm
            Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	85
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	1220360

I don't see numerical values option in Misc.

Comment

Hello Justforfun123,

Please confirm you have watched the 'Automate Your Trading with NinjaTrader's Strategy Builder' training video in it's entirety in your reply.

On the right you have selected Indicators -> Candlestick pattern. Please collapse the Indicators list as this is not an indicator you are selecting. Once Indicators is collapsed, expand the Misc section.

Click image for larger version  Name:	2022-10-21_8-12-51.png Views:	0 Size:	19.0 KB ID:	1220362

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by mariajvillarrealr, Today, 02:57 AM
              0 responses
              1 view
              0 likes
              Last Post mariajvillarrealr  
              Started by marcus2300, Yesterday, 10:21 AM
              6 responses