Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

managed approach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if I cancel a limit order that didn't get executed will that automatically cancel SetProfitTarget and SetStopLoss ?

Comment

Hello dibDab,

If you are using the Set methods which use the signal name/from entry signal to tie them to an entry then they would not be submitted until the entry filled so there is nothing to cancel there.

If you submit orders which are active while the entry order has not filled you would need to cancel those and you do also risk hitting a target before the entry which would cause problems. It would never be suggested to submit any targets before an entry has been filled to avoid unwanted positions.

When you call the Set methods before an entry that just preps the platform to submit targets once the entry actually fills, they don't get submitted at that point. Once that entry fills the platform submits the targets with the settings that you specified.

JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

ok thanks. so if the limit order isn't filled then I just need to cancel the limit order.

but if it is filled and it doesn't hit the profit or stop, if I cancel, will it cancel all those tied to it.

Comment

Hello dibDab,

but if it is filled and it doesn't hit the profit or stop, if I cancel, will it cancel all those tied to it.

If the order is filled you can't cancel it any longer. Your targets would be active and targeting an open position. You would have to exit the position at that point.

JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Tin34, Today, 03:30 AM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Tin34
          by Tin34

Started by sastrades, Yesterday, 09:59 AM
          2 responses