Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Strat Analyzer Only Doing One Week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strat Analyzer Only Doing One Week

Hey There-

I am not sure what I am doing wrong, probably something simple. But when I set the dates of the analyzer to run from June to Sept 10th the analyzer only gives results for about a week.

Please see the attached screenshot. I am only getting results from 9/6/2022 - 9/9/2022 when I have it set to start on 6/12/2022.

Any suggestions?

Thank you,

Nick
    Attached Files

Hello njmeyer713,

Thanks for your post.

To ensure that you have the required historical tick data for backtesting from 6/12/2022 to 9/9/2022, please download/re-download the historical tick data for that instrument and date range.

To download/re-download the historical data, go to Control Center > Tools > Historical Data > Load tab.

After downloading the historical tick data for that date range, test running a backtest using that date range on the SampleMACrossOver strategy that comes default with NinjaTrader.

Do you see the same behavior occurring?

See this help guide page for more information about downloading historical data: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...8/download.htm

Let me know if I may assist further.
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Brandon-

I deleted and then downloaded the data again. The analyzer is now showing me trades made in June and September. For some reason there isn't anything going on in the months of July and August.

Any thoughts on why this would be? I downloaded July and August along with June and Sept when I downloaded everything.

Thank you,

Nick

Comment

Hello Nick,

Thanks for your note.

Please add prints to the strategy to confirm if the conditions are not becoming true during that time period.

Prints will appear in the NinjaScript Output window (New > NinjaScript Output window).

Also, enable TraceOrders which will let us know if any orders are being ignored and not being submitted when the condition to place the orders is evaluating as true.

Below is a link to a forum post that demonstrates how to use prints to understand behavior.

https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...121#post791121

Let us know if we may assist further.​​
        Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by AaronKoRn, Today, 09:49 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post AaronKoRn  
        Started by carnitron, Today, 08:42 PM