Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

tweezer bottoms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tweezer bottoms

Is there a way to program builder to get into trades when there is a tweezer bottoms pattern?

Click image for larger version

Name:	sfdfafasfadsfasdffasd.png
Views:	146
Size:	10.7 KB
ID:	1210952

Hello ezrollin,

As long as you can make that into a Price condition then the builder could do that type of condition. You can find a description of what a tweezer bottom is on the public trading information website investopedia: https://www.investopedia.com/article...nd-traders.asp

There would not be a specific condition that I could list here because this would heavily depend on the specific set of conditions you are looking for and the instrument prices. The pattern is when two lows have a similar price one after another after a trend. You would have to determine what a trend is for your goal and then also compare low prices to see if they are similar. In the builder it would be more difficult to form this type of price condition because you would need to use math to create a range of prices from the first low to know if the second low falls within that range or is similar. That would involve making two custom series and then storing the first low price +/- an offset to each of the series to create two parallel price series. Those series can then be used for comparisons against the second low to make sure its within that range.

JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Wow that is a lot. I would have to follow instructions to do that.

How could I write a condition for just a long tail? thanks
      Last edited by ezrollin; 08-04-2022, 07:45 PM.

Comment

Hello ezrollin,

A long tail would mean to subtract the Low from the Open/Close whichever is lowest. That would give you a difference to know how long the wick is.

This would actually be difficult to do in the builder as it lacks Math.Min to know which is lower, the open or close. You can do this if you wanted to subtract either the open or close always ignoring which may be lower.

To do a subtraction in the builder you need a custom series double to be added.
        1. In the additional data screen add a custom series of type double.
        2. We need to put this in set 1 so that it happens before the other sets, set 1 also needs to have no conditions so that the series is always populated. If you have an existing set 1 then you need to create a new empty set and drag it to be the new set 1 so that set 1 is empty.
        3. After having an empty set 1 add the action of Misc -> Set MySeriesName
        4. For the value you need to click inside the text box and click Set
        5. Select Price -> Close
        6. Inside this dialog you will see the Arithmetic section after selecting Close, select Minus and click Set for the value.
        7. In the new window select Price -> Low.

That will set the value to the series which is the Close minus the Low giving you the difference for the prices.

That series can be used in other sets to compare against Misc --> numeric value for a specified amount of difference for that instrument.

Comment

Name:	sfdsfsdfsdfsdfdfsdfdfs.png
Views:	141
Size:	27.6 KB
ID:	1211257

Name:	sdfsdfdfsfsd.png
Views:	139
Size:	27.5 KB
ID:	1211258

That was easy. Other than dragging it to set 1, isnt this correct? thanks

Comment

Name:	sfdsfsdfsdfsdfdfsdfdfs.png
Views:	124
Size:	10.4 KB
ID:	1211283
            So if theres any big lower tail then it enters a long

Comment

Hello ezrollin,

In sets 1 and 2 from your images you won't need the conditions, just the actions. You can also put both of those actions in set 1. The subtraction can happen for each bar and will populate a full series of the subtractions. In other sets you could use conditions like you have shown if you need to know something about the price before checking the wick size. Your third image would also be correct if you wanted to know if any of the series were greater than 1.

Comment

I was just trying to differentiate between a red bar and a green bar like how I thought you were saying originally.
                I hope mine will work like how I showed I did it.

Comment

Name:	sadfasdfasfeaceavaeaaadfadsfdas.png
Views:	99
Size:	26.4 KB
ID:	1219221

Name:	asfasfdsfassadadafadfasfasfasdfadf.png
Views:	98
Size:	26.4 KB
ID:	1219222

Ok, so I tried to revisit this and follow your instructions perfectly.
                  I'm getting false positives (using on bar close)

Can you tell me how to do it the unlocked code way and I will try that? thanks

Comment

I'm seeing success with the HighWickLowWick strategy I got from this forum but I've had to modify it a lot

Comment

Hello ezrollin,

If you wanted to do this in unlocked code you can click the unlock button or view code to view the generated C# code. If you find that the code is not working as you expected you would need to identify on those bars why the condition became true so that you can adjust it as needed.

If you are seeing success while using a strategy that you found you can also use that. If that is a strategy that you have the code for you can view its code using the NinjaScript editor.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by ageeholdings, Today, 07:43 AM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post ageeholdings  
                      Started by pibrew, Today, 06:37 AM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes