Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Strategy embedding FibonacciPivots cannot be exported

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy embedding FibonacciPivots cannot be exported

Hello,

When the indicator FibonacciPivots is embedded in a strategy(demo strategy attached), the strategy cannot be exported, neither as source nor DLL.
    The strategy compiles OK locally though.
    The error says that 'PivotRange' and 'HLCCalculationMode' cannot be found -- attached screenshot.
    Code:
    WARNING: Error compiling export assembly: ...\Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom\Indicators\@FibonacciPivots.cs(503,53 ) : error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'PivotRange' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    WARNING: Error compiling export assembly: ...\Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom\Indicators\@FibonacciPivots.cs(503,80 ) : error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'HLCCalculationMode' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Perhaps I need to add a certain reference when exporting, but I don't know which one. I tried adding ALL 19 references presented to me, same outcome.
    What am I missing? Thank you.
    Attached Files

Hello utilizator,

Thanks for your post.

The error messages in question indicate that you would need to include the FibonacciPivots indicator in the Export window when exporting your strategy since this indicator is being used by the strategy.

Please add the strategy and the FibonacciPivots indicator being used by the strategy to the Export window. Then, try to export your strategy.

Does the strategy export successfully when adding the FibonacciPivots indicator to the export window?

Let me know if I may further assist.
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Brandon,
      Thank you for your reply.

FibonacciPivots being a system indicator, it does not appear in the Export window -- hence cannot be added.
      Were you able to do that with the demo strategy? How?

Comment

Hello utilizator,

Thanks for your note.

It seems those the enums mentioned in the error message are actually defined in the Pivots indicator.

You would need to add the Pivots System Indicator to the Export window along with your strategy to export your script successfully.

In the Export window, select 'add', click the 'Type' drop-down menu, select 'System Indicators', locate and select the Pivots indicator, and click OK to add it to the Export window. Also, add your strategy to the export window and click the 'Export' button to export the script.

Let me know if I may assist further.
        Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you Brandon!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Touch-Ups, Today, 10:36 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Touch-Ups