Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Unable to load System.Text.Json

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to load System.Text.Json

Hi NT,

I am trying to add System.Text.Json file in NinjaTrader. However, It is throwing an error :

HTML Code:
    Could not load file or assembly 'System.Text.Json, Version=4.0.1.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=cc7b13ffcd2ddd51' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
    The parent .NET version is the same i.e 4.8. I have placed it in the bin/custom folder and referenced it under script editor, the same way as I do with other dlls. While the other dlls are working fine this specific is giving an error.

Also, When I restart NT I get the below error :

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-06-19 211736.png
Views:	322
Size:	6.0 KB
ID:	1205680

Hello dastaan,

NinjaTrader uses the C# programming language for developing custom NinjaScript AddOns. Using external programming languages is not documented or supported and we would not be able to provide assistance.
    Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom is the proper place for a 3rd party referenced assembly dll.

Support for 3rd party assemblies is limited. Our team is able to assist with adding the dll and a reference to the dll, however we cannot assist with its use, or with any errors or unexpected behavior that may occur.

With that said, we are happy to forward any insightful information we happen to be aware of.

Below is a link to the help guide on referencing a 3rd party assembly dll.
    https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...indicators.htm

Any referenced managed assembly will need to target .NET Framework 4.8 or lower. Other versions of .NET will not work, such as .NET Core or .NET 5.

Due to an internal change with 8.0.26.0, calls to Newtonsoft must be made to an external .NET 4.8 equivalent or to the netstandard.dll.

As a heads up, NinjaTrader does not guaranteeing the version of Newtonsoft.Json.dll that NinjaTrader is using internally.

Forum posts about JSON (newtonsoft.dll, netstandard.dll, System.Text.Json.dll):
    https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...58#post1198058
    https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...55#post1149655
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by tsantospinto, 04-12-2024, 07:04 PM
    7 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post aligator  
    Started by futtrader, 04-21-2024, 01:50 AM