Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Find all StopLoss orders Atm Strategy creates in Sample ATM Strategy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Find all StopLoss orders Atm Strategy creates in Sample ATM Strategy

Currently i have implemented a customized version of the Sample ATM Strategy included in NT8. The ATM I am using creates one stop for a potion of the order and another for the second portion. The first portion contains a stop and target while the second has just a trailing stop with no target. I am trying to go through the stops and set them to BE even when I do not know how many the ATM created. The ATM dynamically creates the stop order names to "Stop1" "Stop2" "Stop3" etc. I currently have implemented a quick loop from 1 to the total ATM qty and dynamically built the name using "Stop"+loopIndex. This works but does produce errors printing to the output log like "'AtmStrategyChangeStopTarget' method error: Order name 'STOP10' is invalid".

I would like to just loop through the stop orders created by the ATM.

Any Ideas?

Thanks,
    Mark

Hi Mark, thanks for posting. The for loop would need to stop at the last ATM that is created. You can have an int variable representing the max number, or keep a counter to keep track off all the ATMs that were created.

private int MAXATMCOUNT = 3;

for(int i = 1; i <= MAXATMCOUNT; i++)
    {
    Print(i); //this will print 1 through 3. Use it to build a string e.g. Print("STOP"+i);
    }
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Ellis, to count how many ATMs were created will take C# code and trial and error testing on your end. The alternative is to use OnOrderUpate to monitor the stops and targets. We have an example of this here:

Start out by using Print() to print out the data coming from OnExecutionUpdate/OnOrderUpdate. Prints will be the best way to debug and find the correct data to target since you are workint with the ATM strategy methods.

Kind regards,
      -ChrisL
      Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by llanqui, Today, 10:32 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post llanqui
      by llanqui