Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Offset Parameter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Offset Parameter

Hi. Can someone please explain to me how the Offset parameter is supposed to work when the condition is something like "fast EMA is greater than slow EMA"? I saw a previous topic where an NT rep said that it can be used to enter trades based on how far the two EMA's were apart. I tried using the Offset feature and it gave really weird results. It just kept closing trades as soon as they were opened. Thanks!

Hello alnghiem,

The offset is a way to do math with the value you pick.

If you select the EMA fast is greater than slow with no offset then both values are the EMA fast and slow. If you use an offset for either that will offset the EMA value to what you specify. For example if you wanted the EMA plus 1 tick, the offset of 1 tick could be used. You can otherwise select a math operator for the value you specify.

JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jesse,

I'm not really understanding your response. I guess I just really want to know if the Offset can be used in a condition to only execute trades if 2 EMA's are at least a certain distance from each other. If it is possible, what's the correct way to set up the Offset? Thx!

Comment

Hello alnghiem,

You would create a condition that would subtract the value of one EMA from another, and see if that result is Greater than a Numeric Value (or variable/input)

Attached is a screenshot showing how what this would look like. You would then click the Set button in the Offset field to be able to select the other EMA you want to use in the subtraction.
        Attached Files
        JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Option Whisperer, Today, 09:55 AM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post bltdavid  
        Started by port119, Today, 02:43 PM
        0 responses