Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Heiken Ashi 8 indicator for strategy performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...from inside of a strategy, as opposed to adding the HA8 indicator to a chart...hope this is clear.

Comment

Hello aaadetos,

Thanks for your response.

But how to actually render the HeikenAshi price chart through the HA8 indicator as opposed to using the in-built HeikenAshi candles.
      ...from inside of a strategy, as opposed to adding the HA8 indicator to a chart...hope this is clear.
      To render the HeikenAshi prices on a chart through the indicator rather than the candles, simply add the HeikenAshi8 indicator to the desired chart. To do this from inside of a strategy, you would need to add the HeikenAshi indicator to your strategy and call AddChartIndicator(). This would apply the indicator to the chart when the strategy is enabled so you do not have to manually add the HeikenAshi8 indicator to a chart.

Have you tried calling AddChartIndicator() in your strategy as a test? What were the results, and is this what you were looking for? If not, please provide a more detailed description/example, such as screenshots, so I may better understand what you are describing.

Thank you for your time and patience.
      Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Emily View Post
        Hello burmaz,

Thank you for your reply.

What I meant by this is you should not use the Heiken Ashi bar type; you should use the 500-volume bars with the Heiken Ashi indicator. I do not suggest using the Heiken Ashi bars type based on the explanation I provided and the information in the help guide. You could consider running a test in the Playback connection and compare those results to a backtest with the bars type vs. the indicator to see the difference between all of the options.

Thank you for using NinjaTrader.
        Emily,

I just came across this post and I just want to clarify and confirm on using the Heiken Ashi 8 indicator on a 500 Volume Chart and not using an Heiken Ashi bar type such as the "Accurate Heiken Ashi" that is posted on the ecosystem site.?? Also.. I saw an update to the Heiken Ashi 8 Indicator.. Would you suggest installing that up too..??

Thanks Michael

Comment

Hello Mykro,

That is completely up to you and your goals. The differences between the 3 options are the platforms default bars type which is intended to match the previous NT7 indicator. The bars type that is posted to the ecosystem filesharing is an update to the bars type which includes the changes mentioned in that post. The indicator on the ecosystem is intended to provide an alternate option instead of a bars type. When backtesting with a heiken ashi bars type the fills are based on the averaged values instead of the actual market data at that point in time so the results can skew far from a realtime test, by using the indicator you can use a normal bars type and have fills associated with the real bar data to make it more similar to how it would be in realtime.

JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by diegomezhur, Today, 05:33 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post diegomezhur  
          Started by amichalska, Today, 01:23 PM
          2 responses
          0 likes