Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Strategy that sends a pending order until the price fills the order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy that sends a pending order until the price fills the order

How it is done in a strategy to place a “stop limit” order waiting until the price arrives and fills the order.
    That is, a strategy leaving an order pending for the price to fill it

Hello Mari0504,

Thank you for your post.

By default, limit and stop limit orders will be cancelled at the end of a bar if the conditions for entry are no longer true. If you wish the order to remain in place until it gets filled, you can submit the order to be live until explicitly cancelled. This page of our help guide demonstrates this with a limit order, the only difference for a stop limit order would be that you would need to adjust the price it's at as buy stop limits can only be placed above the market and sell stop limits below the market.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
    Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for your answer but it is not the solution to my question. Maybe I didn't express myself well.

I want to use a strategy that places the orders BEFORE the arrival of the price at the chosen point to enter the market. When the price reaches that point, the “Buy or Shell Limit” order will be filled. It is essential that the order is launched BEFORE the price is reached.

The “isLiveUntilCancelled” option is useful but it does not allow my strategy to place the order in advance so that it will be filled when the price reaches the entry point.

This is easy in manual trading. My problem is doing it in an automatic strategy.

Thanks

Comment

Hello Mari0504,

Thank you for your reply.

The example in my prior post demonstrates placing limit orders 2 ticks below the low of the bar where it will remain until it is either filled when the price reaches it or is cancelled - is this not the kind of behavior you are attempting to achieve? Have you imported and tested the example? It actually will place 2 orders, one that will be cancelled at the end of the bar if not filled and one that will remain until filled or cancelled.

Thanks in advance; I look forward to assisting you further.
        Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Haiasi, 04-25-2024, 06:53 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Massinisa  
        Started by Creamers, Today, 05:32 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes