Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Override Data Series Category / Instrument Selector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Override Data Series Category / Instrument Selector

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-03-09 135452.png
Views:	78
Size:	5.2 KB
ID:	1193035

Every strategy comes with a default data series category, I have a couple of questions :
    1. Is it possible to hide/remove the data series category and instrument selector.Insteand I want to use my own Instrument Selector and AddDataSeries for BarsInProgress == 0?
    2. If not above, is it possible to change the order in the display UI? I want to move it up above my parameters.
    3. If not what customizations can be made to any default NinjaScript Property UI and categories

Hello JakeOfSpades,

It would not be supported to hide the Data Series parameters, and there is not a way to set Data Series for the primary series from NinjaScript. (This is also not supported when using AddDataSeries() for a secondary series)

It may be possible to set the 'Data Series' category order, if this is the Strategies window from the Strategies tab of the Control Center and not a chart.

Below is a link to the help guide.

Custom work to change the Data Series window from a chart would not be supported.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB View Post
      Hello JakeOfSpades,

It would not be supported to hide the Data Series parameters, and there is not a way to set Data Series for the primary series from NinjaScript. (This is also not supported when using AddDataSeries() for a secondary series)

It may be possible to set the 'Data Series' category order, if this is the Strategies window from the Strategies tab of the Control Center and not a chart.

Below is a link to the help guide.

Custom work to change the Data Series window from a chart would not be supported.
      Thanks Chelsea, is it possible to set the Data Series (Instrument, bar type, bar value) from State.Defaults or Configure?

Comment

Hello JakeOfSpades,

No, it is not support to set Data Series properties for the primary series from NinjaScript
        Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
        5 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Bidder
        by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
        4 responses