Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Update a file with running PnL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update a file with running PnL

I created a separate strategy that is nothing but account update.
    I write to a file the current Pnl as it changes. So I have a strategy but I guess it could be an indicator. I want to record a certain account with the pnl. I have everything for creating the file. Thats all working, But I would rather just update when PnL changed.
    I get a file updated but there is no current Pnl from the account the strategy is added to. When I add the strategy for account update it , the account already has a current PnL but it shows 0 in the file that's getting updated. So what is proper code to get the current account info?
    Here is the code snippet:
    protected override void OnBarUpdate()
    {
    PnLUpdate();
    }

private void PnLUpdate()
    {
    PnL_unrealized = Math.Round(Position.GetUnrealizedProfitLoss(Perfor manceUnit.Currency),2);
    PnL_realized = Math.Round(SystemPerformance.RealTimeTrades.Trades Performance.Currency.CumProfit,2);
    accountDetails = PnL_unrealized.ToString("N2") + ";" + PnL_realized.ToString("N2") + ";" + DailyProfitLimit.ToString("N2") + ";" + DailyLossLimit.ToString("N2");
    File.WriteAllText(path,accountDetails);

}

Hello set2win,

Thank you for your note.

To get the overall PnL for the account, you'll need to use add-on code in an indicator or strategy to get the overall account PnL - what you're trying above would only give you a strategy's calculated PnL, not the PnL of the account.

I've created a basic example that subscribes to a chosen account, gets the current realized PnL and writes the realized and any unrealized PnL to a file based on receiving AccountItem updates that should be of help.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
    Attached Files
    Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Perfect that should do it for me, I kind of thought that the way I had it was designed to work within an actual strategy that was active making trades. Thanks.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by burtoninlondon, Today, 12:38 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post burtoninlondon  
      Started by AaronKoRn, Yesterday, 09:49 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post AaronKoRn