Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

namespace name cannot be found

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

namespace name cannot be found

I am trying to create a strategy with Strategy Builder and when I do an interim compile, I get the error message that 'The type or namespace file cannot be found. I go to error message 246 which sends me to error message 234 and the instructions for locating a Reference' cannot be accomplished on my system. Can anyone suggest whhat I should do as the indicator is quite prominent and available on my system.

Hello galsermil,

Thank you for your inquiry.

Since this is related to strategy development, I have moved this topic to a more appropriate forum section.

Please open a NinjaScript Editor window (New > NinjaScript Error), right click on it > Compile, then provide a screenshot showing the compile errors that appear (you may need to drag the error column out so more of the error can be seen).
    • To send a screenshot with Windows 10 or newer I would recommend using the Windows Snipping Tool.
    • Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save it as a jpeg file and attach the file as an attachment to your reply.
    Thanks in advance, I look forward to assisting you further.
    Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

About sharing the error (without sending screenshot):
      you can mouse right click the error line at the bottom of the Ninjascript editor window (the compiling bottom pane) (the error background line turns from orange to brown when you right click on it), then press Ctrl+C to copy it.
      Then Ctrl+V into your next post on NT forum to paste the error content (that's quicker and you paste the whole error).
      Hope it helps.

It works for Log Tab errors as well.
      Last edited by PaulMohn; 03-02-2022, 10:10 AM. Reason: The multiple lines copying does not work (i thought I had used it before, maybe on a previous NT8 release it worked but not in current one).

Comment

PullbackSignalds.cs The type or namespace name 'IT_PullBackAlert' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) CS0246 36 11

Comment

Hello galsermil,

Thank you for your reply.

Looks like you may be missing a reference for a third party dll called IT_PullBackAlert. Please follow the steps below to try to rectify the error.
          1. From the Control Center please select New--> NinjaScript Editor
          2. In the NinjaScript Editor please right click and select References.
          3. In the Reference window look for the .DLL file reference in the compile error by name (in the error the file name has a .cs at the end)
          4. If you see the .DLL file reference please left click on the reference and select Remove
          5. If you removed the reference in the previous step or you do not see the .DLL file reference then please select Add
          6. The Add option will open a File Explorer, from the path that was opened please locate the .DLL file
          7. If you find the .DLL please left click to select it and then select Open--> then select OK in the References window--> then right click in the NinjaScript Editor--> select Compile
          8. If you do not find the .DLL in the File Explorer please close the File Explorer and References windows--> then navigate to Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom on your PC--> and delete the .cs file referenced in the compile error--> then right click in the NinjaScript Editor--> Compile
          Are you able to compile after removing (if necessary) and adding the necessary reference?

Thanks in advance; I look forward to assisting you further.
          Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks to you.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by burtoninlondon, Today, 12:38 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post burtoninlondon  
            Started by AaronKoRn, Yesterday, 09:49 PM