Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Order ignored since stop price is invalid based on the price range of the bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Order ignored since stop price is invalid based on the price range of the bar

Hi,

I have a strategy which sometimes gives me an error. It ignores closing the trade even if close condition is valid or it entirely ignores trade entry order. I'd like to attach here parts of the code which may cause the issue. Strategy works only in one direction based on choice, meaning that it takes only shorts or only longs depending on selection, never at the same time.

In attached picture of chart, short entry had to be stopped where red dotted line is drawn but trade is never closed.

Any help would be appreciated.

Attached Files

Hi Murphy67, thanks for posting.

Our colleagues have given a very good guide on troubleshooting missed orders here, please read through this post and see if any of this applies to your situation:

I am coding a strategy and am receiving numerous instances of the following error message: A Buy order placed at '[time]' has been ignored since the stop price is less than or equal to the close price of the current bar. I have searched the NinjaTrader forums and have read many posts related to this error message, but none

It sounds like it is happening in the historical backtest, so intrabar granularity (explained above) would be a good thing to test.

Kind regards,
    -ChrisL
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by rbeckmann05, Yesterday, 06:48 PM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post bltdavid  
    Started by llanqui, Today, 03:53 AM