Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Data Series that produces a signal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Data Series that produces a signal

I used Strategy Builder to create a strategy that would notify me when a third Party vendor indicator displayed a Drawing Object on the screen. The objects are normal triangles produced by a plot. There are also coinciding transparent line plots. With the strategy, I tried both. When I ran the strategy, I got an error that said the indicator was trying to load additional data so I introduced the added data into the strategy builder although, I had no idea why it was necessary.. The builder introduced two lines a the beginning of OnBarUpdate as follows
    :if (BarsInProgress != 0)
    return;

if (CurrentBars[0] < 0)
    return;
    The plots are Threshold1 and ThresholdSignal1 and I have tried both. My strategy merely Prints to the output screen a variable assigned the value of the plot. When I first enable the strategy, I get values of either 1 or -1 but when the indicator is working, I get all 0's which is the assigned value of the variable. I believe it has something to do with that extra data series but I don't know what.

Hello galsermil,

The extra data series was needed because the indicator adds that series as well, the strategy needs to be configured to use the same data is the reason for that warning.

From the description it sounds like you are saying that it produces 1/-1 values in historical data but in realtime it is not. Is that correct?

This could relate to the Calculate setting of the strategy, if the indicator normally uses OnBarClose and the strategy is OnEachTick that would cause the indicator to use OnEachTick and may affect its realtime results. A step to take would be to manually apply the indicator and then check what Calculate setting it has default then make the strategy match that.

JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by burtoninlondon, Today, 12:38 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post burtoninlondon  
    Started by AaronKoRn, Yesterday, 09:49 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes