Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Strategy Analyzer showing only 0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy Analyzer showing only 0

Hello NT Team,

I'm trying to backtest my strategy on Strategy Analyzer, but its not working

- My strategy is fully and perfectly working on a sim account
    - I turned IsInstantiatedOnEachOptimizationIteration to false
    - yes Sample MA Cross Over is showing backtest results while my strategy is showing only 0
    - I'm NOT preventing historical data from working by using
    Code:
    if (State != State.Realtime) return;
    or anything like that.
    - I'm using SetProfitTarget(), is that considered as ATM strategy ? then how can I back test ?
    - I downloaded Tick data using NinjaTrader Continium, moreover the SMA strategy works, so mine should work as well.
    - Chart is looking good, it contains all required indicators ... but its not showing any entries, its nt ploting anything related to any trades, but while using SMA strategy, it shows entry and exit points
    - on Strategy Analyzer, I use EXACTLY the same params that I use while executing on Realtime

Anything left to get this thing working plz ?

Thank you

Hello MohammedAmine,

My strategy is fully and perfectly working on a sim account
    Does the chart show historical trades or does it only show realtime trades? The analyzer is a historical tool so it should work similar to the backtest on a chart.

From the given details it sounds like the platform is working correctly and something in your logic is preventing the test from succeeding in the analyzer. A first step is to check the log for any errors when running the analyzer. Aside from that some debugging would likely be needed to see what is happening when you run it on a chart vs the backtest. Prints can be added through various parts of the logic to see if each script reaches the same points during execution. Doing that comparison would give clues on what the problem is and point a general direction.

I'm using SetProfitTarget(), is that considered as ATM strategy ? then how can I back test ?
    No that is part of the managed approach and can be used in backtests.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by llanqui, Today, 03:53 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post llanqui
    by llanqui

Started by burtoninlondon, Today, 12:38 AM
    0 responses