Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Strategy running amok on execution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy running amok on execution

Hello all,

I'm brand new here, and struggling through the Strategy Wizard.

I built a strategy that has great historical performance. I believe this is because when the performance is compiled
    and presented graphically on the chart, it was calculated based on the close of candle.

When I run a simulation, it's basically a disaster, with the strategy opening and closing multiple orders due to volatility,
    and draining the account. The strategy is an "always in".

Watching this while it happens, it opens / closes / reverses dozens of times even though my trigger indicator doesn't move at all.
    Also strange is that I have a trade open now that executed nicely because the market was calm, BUT it's showing a profit based on 4 contracts
    with only 2 open. That could really mess with margin requirements.

Can I add a condition that prevents additional contracts if only 1 was specified, AND a condition that prevents
    execution until the candle closes ? I think this would be a good start to calm it down.

(Edit: My default properties calculate "on bar close". Additionally, it might be important to point out I've attached the strategy to a "line-break" chart which doesn't print a bar based on specific intervals. IE even though it's a 5 minute line break, it may print 10, 15, 20....minute bars)
    This may be my hang-up here....

I'm not a programmer, so I need direction based on the wizard's graphic interface.

Thanks !
    Last edited by qphage; 01-13-2022, 10:26 AM.

Hi qphage, thanks for writing in.

You can add a current position check in your conditions to prevent the strategy from entering and only execute an exit if the strategy is in a position e.g.

Here are also some example strategies made in the builder you can reference:

Kind regards,
    -ChrisL

Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by RideMe, 04-07-2024, 04:54 PM
    5 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
    Started by f.saeidi, Today, 08:13 AM