Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Exit on session close

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exit on session close

Why, when I select "Exit on Session Close", any open trades at midnight close? Shouldn't session close be 4pm EST? Is this a setting I need to correct in the platform? I most certainly do not want to close trades at midnight. It makes no sense.

Hello mbrandau,

Thanks for your post.

Exit On Session close means that at the end of the Trading hours applied to the data series any open positions would be closed.

Please check the applied trading hours. You can find the applied trading hours in the data series. In the chart, right mouse click and select "data series..", look under the heading "Time frame" for the row "Trading hours".

If you are using "Default 24x5" or Default 24x7", then the session ends at 12:00 AM, and exiting at midnight would be expected.

Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

There is 1 thing you need to mention here, for others searching for the same questions I had. The fact that you can go into TOOLS, select Trading Hours, select Defualt 24x5 and/or 24x7 and edit those trading hours. I found it by mistake because no where are there instructions you can do this. Now, my trading hours for all days on those 2 items mentioned about are open at 6pm EST and close at 4pm EST.

Comment

Hello mbrandau,

Thanks for your reply.

The platform has defined the trading hours for most instruments so you would typically not need to change them but we do provide the option to use different trading hours or as you observed create your own as you wish. Please see the help guide link below that details working with Trading hours and editing them

Reference: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...urs_window.htm
        Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by rbeckmann05, Yesterday, 06:48 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post bltdavid  
        Started by llanqui, Today, 03:53 AM
        0 responses