Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Submit order with no market data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Submit order with no market data

Hello,

is it possible to submit an order to a real Account, eg. from a strategy or from whereever, when no market data is available for that instrument ?
    I know that this is not possible when using the sim account.

Hello Derjan,

You would need a live data with the live account for strategies to work correctly and accurately within the platform. I am not aware of any use case where having no data would allow the platform to work normally. You can submit orders in either RTH or ETH times depending on the broker being used. Strategies in general need data to drive their engine to work.

JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yes, but I'm only interested in whether it is technically possible to submit that order via Account.Submit(). So it it ?

And here is a use case: You could run a NT strategy on some primary instrument (for which live market data is availabe) and submit orders in OnBarUpdate for any instrument which is not yet known when the strategy starts. Furthermore you could have an external data provider, which is not connected with NT, but which could be called in every primrary instrument's OnBarUpdate for that "dynamic" instrument. Could be a http request etc. And with that external price info you could raise the stop loss etc. Why should this work less correctly or accurately ? Maybe my external dataprovider delivers even more reliable price info than some connected to NT.

Comment

Hello Derjan,

The use case you described would not be something the platform would support , you would need live data for both instruments and the strategy would need to know before enabling it what the second instrument is. You can utilize the platform to execute C# code however without data a majority of the platforms features would not work. The other comments we really couldn't assist with, you can use any supported data provider for order submission with a live data feed. External providers or the other items you mentioned would not be supported or a topic we can help with.

JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

No problem, I don't expect to get support regarding my intended scenario, as NT is probably not meant for this.

But I'm still evaluating the NT Platform using the sim account, and before I would invest about 1000$ for the software, I would like to know how it will behave when connected to a real account, just regarding this question:

Will I always reveice an error from Ninjatrader when trying to submit an order to a real account for an instrument for which no live data is available ?
          (Will the order be transmitted to my broker or not ?)
          Last edited by Derjan; 12-16-2021, 04:58 AM.

Comment

Hello Derjan,

Realtime data is needed for the simulation engine, and you will receive an error if there is no data to trade live the simulation engine.

NinjaTrader will not try to stop any live order submissions that are triggered when there is not any active market data. The order would leave NinjaTrader, and can still be accepted if you are enabled to trade that instrument.
            JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by tsantospinto, 04-12-2024, 07:04 PM
            7 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post aligator  
            Started by futtrader, 04-21-2024, 01:50 AM
            5 responses
            0 likes