Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Creating Conditions using a Plot with a Transparent Color default

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creating Conditions using a Plot with a Transparent Color default

I have indicator when added to a chart will load by default with colors (I likely saved as the default) but the issue is when using the indicator to create Conditions of a Strategy the indicator select load with all colors as Transparent. I have created my conditions as needed but many times the strategy does not do actions are predicted.

DO I HAVE TO CHANGE THE COLORS to something different than transparent for the condition to work properly

Thanks

Hello DTSSTS,

Thanks for your note.

Is this an indicator that you created? Is this an indicator that was created by a 3rd-party developer? Or, is this an indicator that comes default with NinjaTrader?

Are you calling AddChartIndicator() in your strategy? AddChartIndicator() would need to be used in the strategy to add the indicators you use for calculations onto the chart.

See this help guide page for more information about adding indicators to strategies: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help..._strategie.htm

AddChartIndicator(): https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...tindicator.htm

Something you could consider is creating as much of the strategy as you can in the Strategy Builder. Using the Strategy Builder you could set up conditions using the indicator. When setting up the conditions involving the indicator, you could check the 'Plot on chart' checkbox and set the color you would like the plot to be.

I look forward to assisting further.
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

it is third party downloaded from app share, not default ninja, Yes i am adding to the strategy, I do not really believe the color in the strategy conditions needs a color added

I am building in strategy builder

Comment

Hello DTSSTS,

Thanks for your note.

Since the indicator was created by a third-party developer we would not know if this is expected behavior of this indicator. Please reach out to the developer of the indicator to see if this is the expected behavior when using the indicator for conditions in the Strategy Builder.

Let us know if we may assist further.
        Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Graci117, Today, 09:02 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
        Started by ETFVoyageur, Today, 07:55 PM
        0 responses