Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

pulling old strategy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pulling old strategy

Hello!

I have created a strategy and used to use a tick trail.

I have edited the strategy and compiled it.

However when I upload it to other computers it is still using the trail tick.

How do I have it update to the new strategy. Everything is compiled and I export it again to make sure it is the new file. Then upon reimportation to another computer it uses the old file.

I removed the previous Ninjascript assembly as well.

help?

Hello litamm89,

Thank you for your post.

Is it a compiled assembly you're exporting or just the source code? If a compiled assembly, was the prior version removed with Remove NinjaScript Assembly?

Would you be able to provide the source code for the strategy so we can test on our end? If you're uncomfortable with posting publicly or otherwise unable to post it here, you can send it directly to scriptingsupport [at] ninjatrader [dot] com with the following in the subject line: 3294914 Attn. Kate W. All code will be kept confidential and deleted once testing is complete.

Thanks in advance; I look forward to assisting you further.

Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

NinjaTrader_Kate

Hi Kate it is exported using Agile and compiled assembly.

The prior version was removed.

Comment

Hello litamm89,

Thank you for your reply.

Are you certain you are uploading the new version to the other PCs? We've seen times where a user saved a file in one place and had the original saved in another and uploaded the incorrect file. Are you putting version numbers on the .Zip files you are uploading to ensure you are uploading the correct one?

If you've confirmed you're definitely uploading the newly exported version, we would ask that you write in to our scriptingsupport [at] ninjatrader [dot] com email so we can continue to troubleshoot off the public forum. Please include a link to this post in the body of the email, and 3294914 Attn. Kate W in the subject line.

Comment

NinjaTrader_Kate Absolutely certain and yes we do use different versions.

Is there anyway to go through the documents side and make sure there are no strategies in the file? I have ensured I am exporting and using the correct file.

Comment

Hello litamm89,

Thank you for your reply.

I'm not understanding what you mean by "Is there anyway to go through the documents side and make sure there are no strategies in the file?" Could you clarify?

If you've confirmed you're definitely uploading the newly exported version, as I mentioned before, at this point we would ask that you write in to our scriptingsupport [at] ninjatrader [dot] com email so we can continue to troubleshoot off the public forum . Please include a link to this post in the body of the email, and 3294914 Attn. Kate W in the subject line.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Mizzouman1, Today, 07:35 AM
            3 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
            Started by RubenCazorla, Today, 09:07 AM
            2 responses
            0 likes