Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

I get as much "Profit target" orders as my "Partially filled" orders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I get as much "Profit target" orders as my "Partially filled" orders

Hello NT Team,

I'm facing a problem that is really breaking the entire logic behind my strategy, I noticed that when I send mid-size orders, like 15 or 30 contracts in quantity, the order is executed or multiple "Partial Fills", let's say 2 or 3, it this happens, then I get 2 or 3 "Profit target" and "Stop loss" orders that are having the same name ("Profit target" and "Stop loss") but they are having different order IDs.

but according to my strategy, I Set the TP and SL only 1 time, and I made sure that it verifies the condition only 1 time, why do I get multiple profit targets ?

for me if i send an order of 15 contracts and it got filled on 3 times, I want ONLY 1 TP and 1 SL orders with total executed after fully filled.

This is the code I'm using :

Code:
    if (myProfitOrder == null)
    {

ProfitTargetLevel = Convert.ToInt32(TargetProfitLevel/TickSize);
    SetProfitTarget(CalculationMode.Ticks, ProfitTargetLevel);
    }

if (myStopLossOrder == null)
    {

StopLossLevel = Convert.ToInt32((ChosenATR+1)/TickSize);
    SetStopLoss(CalculationMode.Ticks, StopLossLevel);
    }
    plz, look at the attached image to see the problem

Hello MohammedAmine,

Thanks for your post.

Do you have StopTargetHandling set to PerEntryExecution or ByStrategyPosition? This is typically set in OnStateChange under State.SetDefaults (Removing and re-adding the script is necessary for SetDefaults to be processed a new in the NinjaScript lifecycle.)

We look forward to assisting.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

yes it is already set to :

Code:
      StopTargetHandling = StopTargetHandling.PerEntryExecution;
      I changed to ByStrategyPosition ? and re run the strategy, it was resulting in TP and SL with double quantity of what I have open

for example if I have 33 contracts open in a position, I get SL and TP with 66 as pending contracts, 66 in TP and 66 in SL
      Last edited by MohammedAmine; 10-01-2021, 11:16 AM.

Comment

Hello MohammedAmine,

ByStrategyPosition would allow the stop and target to cover the position as a whole instead of individual entry executions, so if an entry is filled from partial fills, ByStratgeyPosition would make sure you have one order as opposed to multiple orders.

I don't have enough details for how you are using the Set methods in your strategy, but their intention is to be called before the associated entry order is submitted because the Set methods prep NinjaTrader to submit target and stop orders when the entry order is seen as filled. You can see with the example attached, if there is a partial fill, the strategy only submits one target/stop for and updates it in the event of a partial fill.

Modifying stop and target orders after you have entered is possible by calling the Set method again when you are in a position, and you cans see the example below for further demonstration.

Sample Price Modification - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...of_stop_lo.htm
        Attached Files

Comment

Thank you very much man, I really appreciate your permanent support

you won't believe man, the doubling problem was coming out of the blue, i simply re-read the strategy a billion times, and I see no miss calling or twice calling the Set methods, I simply disconnected and re-connected and everything worked fine, I really dono, this is scary because it makes me feel like it needs as a must human intervention, and what if i work on real money of my clients, and i get the same problem out of nowhere, only because i need to disconnect and reconnect.

now everything seems to work fine, i just want to ask you, do i need to change anything if i want to switch to Real account on dorman trading broker ?

Thank you once again

Comment

Hello MohammedAmine,

With the set methods, please be sure you are following the best practices as noted in post #4 (Call the set methods before you enter to be sure they are set at initial levels. Do not use a Set method for the purpose of placing orders after you see the execution of an entry order. These do not work like Exit methods.)

If you want to run a strategy live, you just have to enable it against a live account. Please be sure to be familiar with the documentation pages below as well.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by jpapa, Today, 07:22 AM
            0 responses
            1 view
            0 likes
            Last Post jpapa
            by jpapa

Started by Jltarrau, Today, 05:57 AM