Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Understanding EnterLongLimit and EnterShortLimit ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Understanding EnterLongLimit and EnterShortLimit ?

In my strategy I tried EnterLongLimit and EnterShortLimit
    I have a Print statement to capture the conditions and when conditions were met the Time was 19:15 during that bar the price ranged from 14770 to 14773 close at 14773 at the next bar 19:20 it ranged from 14771 to 14790 close at 14790 the strategy enters the trade at 19:25 at Open of 14790 I used EntryShortLimit GetCurrentAsk()
    So 3 bars later after condition met it entered the trade. That of course didnt matter as it was going against me anyway in terms of the short. So what is the best way to get quickest market price once the condition is met?

Hello set2win,

The quickest way to get market price would be to submit a market order, you can just use EnterLong or EnterShort for that purpose. When using EnterLongLimit a limit type order is submitted with the price you choose so you may or may not price the order at market price when submitting it. The normal rules for the limit type order would also apply to that order where as a market order is filled at the next available price which may incur slippage. If you wanted to avoid slippage you could submit limit orders but you would need to use available price data at the time you submit it, for example the Close or ask/bid prices.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH  
    Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
    5 responses
    0 likes