Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Delete Strategy from Strategies Tab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Delete Strategy from Strategies Tab

Hi there, I built a service to auto-load and start strategies in NT8 and would like to know if there was a way for me to have it DELETE itself from the strategies tab. As of right now I'm using a timer to auto-terminate if a trade isn't made within 15 minutes(if it doesn't happen within 15, it ain't happening according to my strategy. The issue is that even though the strategy is disabling it's still holding on to a little bit of ram. Unfortunately towards the end of the trading day it actually leaks so badly that NT locks up. Is there a way to stop that leak, or remove the strategy from the list entirely?

Hi RaddiFX, thanks for posting.

Removing strategies automatically is not supported. There is code running in the strategy that is taking up the memeory. The script would need to be reduced to test for a memory leak.

Kind regards,
    -ChrisL
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Chris.

How about any unsupported ways, haha. I can deal with the repercussions and I can also deal with programming it myself, I'd just need to know where the active strategies would be stored, or what's being called when I remove them from the list.

Comment

Hi RaddiFX,

I do not know of any way to remove a strategy from the configured list programmatically.

Comment

So I did a fair amount of digging and testing.

Long story short, I was able to find the method for removing a strategy from the strategies grid. My question now is how do I tell it which strategy I need to remove. I've gotten as far as adding a new strategy, but that's with me providing all of the NEW information. I now need to find information about strategies that are already enabled and on the grid.

Just as an example, here is a shortened version of how to add a strategy:

try{
          NinjaTrader.Gui.NinjaScript.StrategiesGrid sg=new NinjaTrader.Gui.NinjaScript.StrategiesGrid();

System.Reflection.MethodInfo dynMethod = sg.GetType().GetMethod("StrategyAdd",
          System.Reflection.BindingFlags.NonPublic | System.Reflection.BindingFlags.Static);
          if (dynMethod!=null)
          dynMethod.Invoke(sg, new object[] { s });

dynMethod = sg.GetType().GetMethod("StrategyEnable",
          System.Reflection.BindingFlags.NonPublic | System.Reflection.BindingFlags.Static);
          dynMethod.Invoke(sg, new object[] { s, null, null });

}

s being the strategy and you having set all of its parameters earlier.

Attached is a quick addon I wrote to explore the available methods and how to call them.
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi RaddiFX, I apologize but I won't be able to help with the unsupported code. Other members of the forum will need to assist if they are able.

Comment

If anyone is looking to do this in the future... don't, lol... I figured it out and it doesn't do what I wanted. However, you can run the
              Code:
              CloseStrategy("Exterminate");
              command to close out the strategy and it will do a full cleanup.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by rajendrasubedi2023, Today, 09:50 AM
              3 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
              Started by lorem, Today, 09:18 AM
              2 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB