Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Data uploaded to NinjaTrader 8, but not showing up in OnBarUpdate()

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Data uploaded to NinjaTrader 8, but not showing up in OnBarUpdate()

Hello,

I was able to upload tick data from year 2003 to 2021 into NinjaTrader 8 and they showed up in Historical Data editor. But when I run the strategy in back testing, all the bars would show up EXCEPT for year 2004, which only start to show up in December of 2004. I am attaching screen shot proving the historical data was loaded. Please advise what seems to be the problem? I can email you the raw tick data for 2004 and you can try it out your end.

Best regards,

Billy
    Attached Files

Hello billythekid72,

Is this a future, equity, or forex symbol?

If this is a future, are there expiry rollover dates for that time period in the instrument contract months?

Are you testing on a 1 tick data series? (Try testing over just a few days in 2004 you have confirmed there is data for to reduce the loading time while testing)

To confirm, you are viewing the Chart display in the Strategy Analyzer and the ticks are not showing?
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Chelsea,

Thank you for your response. To answer your questions:

1, It is symbol ES
      2, The entire 2004 year did not show up until December 9th, even though I can see the data in the Historical Data editor
      3, I am testing 2000 ticks bar series
      4, I was simply dumping out the OHLCV in the strategy and was trying to confirm what got loaded gets spit out identically by NinjaTrader - ALL good from 2003 to 2021, EXCEPT most year of 2004, which is why it is SO WEIRD. I can email you a set of the data file and you can try it yourself.

Comment

Hello billythekid72,

Are you importing the data with the correct contract months? Each contract month has be imported separately with the contract month in the file name.

May I see the contract in the Historical Data window this is imported to?

May I see the Contract months for ES to confirm you have added all of the correct rollovers previous to 2005 (where our default contract rollovers stop)?

May I have a screenshot of a tick chart showing the data end in 2003 and start again in 2004?

Comment

Hello Chelsea,

I was successful for years 2003, 2005 through 2021 doing the same thing. ICYMI.

Comment

Hello,

Can someone at NinjaTrader provide an explanation? Again, I was successful in running the same strategy, getting ALL bars from years 2003 through 2021 EXCEPT 2004 (the bars for 2004 do not show up until 9th December). Doing every steps the same way, data clearly in historical data editor, but just don't show up during OnBarUpdate()

Please help.

Comment

Hello billythekid72,

If there is data missing from the chart, this would imply that the rollover dates and import process was incorrect.

Are you importing the data with the correct contract months? Each contract month has be imported separately with the contract month in the file name.

May I see the contract in the Historical Data window this is imported to?

May I see the Contract months for ES to confirm you have added all of the correct rollovers previous to 2005 (where our default contract rollovers stop)?

May I have a screenshot of a tick chart showing the data end in 2003 and start again in 2004?

Comment

Hello Chelsea,

During preparation of the items you asked for I found a workaround. This issue can be closed. Thank you for your help.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by timmbbo, Today, 08:59 AM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                Started by KennyK, 05-29-2017, 02:02 AM
                2 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post marcus2300