Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How to use custom indicator with login on strategy builder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to use custom indicator with login on strategy builder

I am trying to use a plot from a custom indicator called CI_PriceMovementPerHour in strategy builder. I have not been able to get it to work.

The indicator has a section under properties called "Parameters" where I have to enter my Username and Password for a data subscription to pull the data for the indicator to use. When I try to add the indicator to a condition in Strategy Builder, it also shows the "Paramaters" section where I am to add my Username and Password; however, it doesn't seem to work. After I input my UN and password and make my other desired selection then click 'OK,' it clears out of the Conditions box. It does show in the Conditions box if I do not input my username and password, but then it doesn't seem to work in that case even if I have the indicator added to the chart I apply the strategy to.

When I add the strategy to the chart it says "CI_PriceMovementPerHour:A task was canceled"

How can I get the custom strategy to work within Strategy Builder?

Thanks for any help on this!
    Attached Files

Hello LesterC01,

Thank you for your post.

This appears to be a third party indicator, is that correct? Not all third party indicators may be used in the Strategy Builder. Since third party indicators are generally distributed as compiled assemblies, our ability to troubleshoot is limited by the fact that we cannot view the indicator code to see what may be occurring. I would recommend reaching out to the vendor to determine if the indicator can be utilized in the Strategy Builder and the steps necessary to do so if it is indeed possible. I suspect it's something with the password protection causing the issue.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
    Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kate View Post
      Hello LesterC01,

Thank you for your post.

This appears to be a third party indicator, is that correct? Not all third party indicators may be used in the Strategy Builder. Since third party indicators are generally distributed as compiled assemblies, our ability to troubleshoot is limited by the fact that we cannot view the indicator code to see what may be occurring. I would recommend reaching out to the vendor to determine if the indicator can be utilized in the Strategy Builder and the steps necessary to do so if it is indeed possible. I suspect it's something with the password protection causing the issue.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
      Thank you Kate. I will reach out to them about it.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Jonafare, 12-06-2012, 03:48 PM
      5 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post rene69851  
      Started by Fitspressorest, Today, 01:38 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Fitspressorest