Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Will order accepted always get received in OnOrderUpdate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will order accepted always get received in OnOrderUpdate

Is it ALWAYS the case that we will get notified through OnOrderUpdate that the order has been accepted? Or will it sometimes be the case that the order state goes straight to Working and we never get notified that this order was Accepted?

This is important to me because I am waiting for my stoploss order to be accepted first before I submit a profit target. So I need to get notified that order.OrderState == OrderState.Accepted

Hello westofpluto,

Thanks for your post.

I would expect that the order would always reach a state of Accepted before it reaches the Working state. This is because the order would first need to be accepted by the brokerage before working on the exchange.

If you would like to see that the stop loss has reached a state of accepted before placing your profit target order, you should look for if the order.OrderState == OrderState.Accepted for the stop loss order.

See this help guide page for more information about order states: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...efinitions.htm

And, see this help guide page for more information about OnOrderUpdate: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...rderupdate.htm

Let us know if we may assist further.
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
    0 responses
    1 view
    0 likes
    Last Post Jon17
    by Jon17