Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Duplicate / Copy an unlocked strategy to a new name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duplicate / Copy an unlocked strategy to a new name

Hello everybody,

I have a strategy (unlocked) and I'd like to make a copy of it because I want to have it as a forking version. How can I simply duplicate my strategy? I tried right-click --> context menus or even drag & drop but I see no way to get it solved. Any help appreciated. Thanks!

Hi Patricia, thanks for posting.

The script can be copied through right click>Save As>Enter a new name.

Kind regards,
    -ChrisL
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Chris,

I have the NinjaScript Editor window open. On the right pane I enter the folder Strategies --> myStrats and right-click onto my strategy called "MyStrat1". There is no context menu called "Save As" here, see attached screenshot.

Comment

Hi Patricia, thanks for your reply.

You must open up the code then right click the code and you will see "Save As" in the context menu.

Best regards,
        -ChrisL
        Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Dear Chris,

thanks for trying to help. But unfortunately there is no such "Save As" function. I also tried before to right-click onto the opened unlocked/code TAB on the lower left of the NinjaScript Editor. But the available options there are only three in total, see attached screenshot

Click image for larger version  Name:	screenshot2.png Views:	0 Size:	3.2 KB ID:	1164407

Can you show me in a screenshot or short video how to access the "Save As" function, please? thanks in advance.

EDIT: Found it!!!! Man, this is really weird. You need to right-click ONTO the code window, the big window where are the code is written. If you ask me, this is really really hidden and not self-explanatory as we saw in this real-life example. I intuitively searched in the context menus (right click) of the existing script/file name in NinjaScriptExplorer on the right side or bottom left on the open script name TAB.

I would find it helpful to pass this along to the technical department as a suggestion for improvement so they can look at it and possibly incorporate it into future versions and make this easier.

Thank you.
          Kind regards
          Patricia
          Last edited by patricia70; 07-20-2021, 11:39 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post jaybedreamin  
          Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
          6 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post DJ888