Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Accumulation/Distribution range breakout strategy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accumulation/Distribution range breakout strategy

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jim View Post
    Hello alejandro888,

Thanks for your message.

I tested this in a DrawingTool, and the snippet works in OnRender as long you use chartControl as opposed to ChartControl. There were some extra spaces where your automation ID strings are, I am not sure if that was a leftover from copying to the forum or possibly a leftover from the forum copied to your script. With the spaces removed and chartControl used, the test works fine.

If there is any other insight I can share, please let me know.
    Hi Jim,

You coded Accumulation/Distribution Range Breakout. Could you add a stop loss parameter to this strategy?

Thank you.

Mike.

Hello Mike,

Thanks for your post.

Sorry for the delay in responding, Jim has been out of the office.

I've moved this post to an appropriate forum as the reply to the original was not related to that thread. Please help us keep the forums organized by starting new topics as needed. To start a new topic, click on the forum of interest and you should see a blue "New topic" button.

To answer your question, the strategy was provided based on, "Accumulation/Distribution Range Breakout strategy was published in the August 2018 Stocks and Commodities article titled 'Portfolio Strategy Based On Accumulation/Distribution' by Domenico D'Errico.". We would not modify and do not provide code writing or debugging services.

You are welcome to modify the strategy as you wish.

If you would like it modified for you, we can provide a link to 3rd party programmers in the NinjaTrader Ecosystem.

Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Paul H. and Cirque73,

I have been trying the same accumulation/distribution range breakout strategy and just realised that it is only taking long trades and not short trades. any reason why? and how I can enable short trades also?

Regards

Prakrithi

Comment

Hello Prakrithi,

Thanks for your notes.

The Accumulation/Distribution Range Breakout strategy was published in the August 2018 Stocks and Commodities article titled 'Portfolio Strategy Based On Accumulation/Distribution' by Domenico D'Errico is only programmed to place long orders. It is not programmed to submit short orders.

You may modify the strategy so that it places short orders along with long orders if you wish.

If you would like it modified for you, we can provide a link to 3rd party programmers in the NinjaTrader Ecosystem.​
        Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for the reply Brandon. Please do connect me to 3rd party programmers.

Kind regards.

Comment

Hello Prakrithi,

Thanks for your note.

You could find 3rd party affiliated programmers who would be happy to create this script or any others at your request by using the NinjaTrader Ecosystem link below.

NinjaTrader Ecosystem: https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/search-results/?

For more information about affiliated 3rd party programmers, please contact vendorsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com.

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.
            Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by kujista, Today, 05:44 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post kujista
            by kujista

Started by ZenCortexCLICK, Today, 04:58 AM
            0 responses