Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

New Strategy Analyzer window does not use default template for the window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Strategy Analyzer window does not use default template for the window

Occasionally, Strategy Analyzer keeps showing me incorrect results... or I maybe should say, the results in the top pane are not in sync with results shown in the panes below... opening in a new tab (or window) clears up the error.

I set up a template for the window earlier tonight... tested it.. worked just fine when I closed then opened a new SA window. However, when the above bad stuff occurred, I tried the context menu Open In New Strategy Analyzer... and my spiffy new template was ignored. That seems like a bug...or at the very least, an annoyance! Hoping it can be fixed.

Cheers,
    T.

Hello tgn55,

Thanks for your post.

So I may accurately assist you, please answer all of the following questions:
    • What version of NinjaTrader are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 7.0.1000.? or 8.0.?.?)
    • Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?
    Also, please test this using the Sample MA Crossover strategy that comes default with NinjaTrader. Are you able to reproduce the same behavior with Sample MA Crossover?

I look forward to further assisting.
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Brandon, I am using the latest version. 64 bit.
      There are no errors raised, either on-screen or in the log.
      And I don;t believe the strategy matters... I am not running ANY strategy... the symptom is right there as soon as the SA window is opened.

I customised the default template, added in Max Drawdown and Avg MAE columns in the Log tab...
      These extra columns, as per my new default template, are shown if I just open a new SA window from Control Center... but NOT if I do so from right-click inside the SA Log panel. ANd that, my friend, is the issue...

Comment

Hello tgn55,

Thanks for your note.

To save the Avg MAE and Max Drawdown columns in the Log of the Strategy Analyzer, you would need to right-click in the Log of the Strategy Analyzer, select Properties, enable the Avg MAE and Max Drawdown columns for the Log, then select 'preset' > 'save' in the lower right corner of the Strategy Analyzer Properties window, and click OK.

After following those steps, the Avg MAE and Max Drawdown columns should appear when opening the Strategy Analyzer Log by right-clicking in the Strategy Analyzer and selecting 'Show Log'.

Let us know if we may assist further.
        Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Brandon... you're not listening to me/reading my posts very carefully.

I have ALREADY saved these columns as the default layout.
          The extra columns are included when I open a new SA window from the Control Centre's "New" menu.
          They DO NOT appear when I use right-click/ "Open in New Strategy Analyzer" (didn't I already say this in my OP... and repeat this in my last post ??)

Regards,
          T.

Comment

Hello tgn55,

I wanted to confirm:

1. Strategy Analyzer has Show Log enabled and saved in a default template
            2. Strategy Analyzer has its preset modified to check additional column in the Log grid

When I test the above when opening a New Strategy Analyzer from the log, my new Strategy Analyzer does not show the log, and the preset does not show the additional columns after Log grid is enabled.

I have recorded a video demonstration to show what I am seeing. I am also inquiring internally if this would be expected behavior as it is not something I personally would expect to see.

Demo - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iQk...w?usp=drivesdk

If you are seeing something different, could you record a similar video demonstrating the procedure you are taking to hit this issue? This will help me to be sure I am doing the same test.

I look forward to hearing from you.
            Last edited by NinjaTrader_Jim; 06-29-2021, 09:32 AM.
            JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Jim... yes, that is same as what I see... only thing is, you did not show is opening a new SA window from the Control Centre "New" menu... which I think you'll find does open using the saved template/preset... ie, those extra columns ARE shown. And that is what seems to me to be the bug... one way works.. the other way does not.

Maybe you can confirm this? It is the whole point of my post...

Cheers,
              T.

Comment

Thanks for clarifying T,

I can confirm I see the preset and template honored when opening from the Control Center, but not from the Strategy Analyzer Log. I'll keep the thread posted as this develops.

EDIT: Current internal ticket ID is: NTEIGHT-14962

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.
                Last edited by NinjaTrader_Jim; 10-06-2021, 09:49 AM.
                JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Jim.

Look forward to seeing a ticket raised ;-)

Cheers,
                  T.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by rtwave, 04-12-2024, 09:30 AM
                  4 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post rtwave
                  by rtwave

Started by yertle, Yesterday, 08:38 AM