Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

mtf strategy + no primary serie condition = all plots should sync

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Amedeus,

With Calculate OnBarClose, using a secondary series for logic and a 1 tick series for order fill accuracy, the orders will match. They will be placed at the same time and filled at the same time. Without TickReplay.

TickReplay is used for Calculate OnPriceChange and OnEachTick, not with OnBarClose.

This would apply to real-time as well. If the orders are not placed at the same time in real-time they will have different submission and fill times and will appear on different bars.

The logic is being performed when the 300 Tick bar closes. Perhaps previously you were placing orders during every series updating OnBarUpdate which would cause differences as the data would not be the same for the primary series and we haven't confirmed all other added series are the same.

Same data, same order time, same order fills, same bar (or within the same bar range as the bars may close at different times on different charts).

The 1 tick series is necessary for the order fill accuracy (meaning so orders fill at specific time of a tick and not when the bar closes) historically , but would work the same way in real-time as well. If the script is strictly real-time and does not place orders historically, then the 1 tick series would not be needed.

There should only be prints for BarsInProgress 1, the 300 tick series. Do you want to discuss the output?
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

hey Chelsea,

Thanks for the Output discussion offer but I will pass this time, unless you think I am missing something major, but i don't feel the need.
      I havent really read anything about it anyways and it needs to be done, but another day. I might come back to you about it sometime, maybe sooner than I think.

I'll go with post 13, wich is the IntraBarBacktestSample syntax. And maybe i'll add the 1 tick once in a while.

If we are done here, I wanted to thank you again. You too Roland in the back.

Also I am letting you know now that i am already not using the builder anymore, but for specific rare syntaxes.
      Actually what a relief not to have 5 clicks before entering a value.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by rhyminkevin, Today, 04:58 PM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post Anfedport  
      Started by iceman2018, Today, 05:07 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post iceman2018