Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Incorrect position is displayed in live mode (Rithmic)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Incorrect position is displayed in live mode (Rithmic)

Hello, I have raised the topic before, but can no longer find the post ;-) the problem is that when used with Live Rithmic Datafeed, an incorrect position is displayed and therefore the account synchronization is not correct! The problem should be fixed immediately and as soon as possible, or do I see it wrong? These incorrectly displayed statements are not only disturbing and misleading, but I can also use "Position.MarketPosition" not properly in my strategy.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_3.jpg
Views:	361
Size:	99.7 KB
ID:	1155817
    sidlercom80
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Sidi Trading

Hello sidlercom80,

Thank you for your post.

Rithmic connections through NinjaTrader do not have a guaranteed order for OnOrderUpdate/OnExecutionUpdate/OnPositionUpdate events, and the Control Center relies mostly on Position updates to update fields in the Control Center. As such, this is an expected limitation with Rithmic connections through NinjaTrader.

A workaround could be to have the strategy display the strategy position on your chart so it is visible. This could be done using OnExecutionUpdate to use Draw.TextFixed to report the current strategy position. The strategy position is updated from executions and is updated as soon as OnExecutionUpdate is called.

We do have an open feature request identified as SFT-3467, "Improve ordering of Position Update events with Rithmic connections", that we have added your vote to.

Let us know if we may assist further.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_BrandonH; 05-12-2021, 01:06 PM.
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello _BrandonH, best thanks for your answer, that's exactly what I meant ;-) In my opinion, this should be rectified immediately and not vote for it first! Under certain circumstances, such a situation can be misinterpreted, and a false unintentional order could be set, which rightly would not need it. For me absolutely a safety risk!
      What could such a solution look like in the OnExecution() method? If there is an example, then I could temporarily solve it until it is done correctly.
      sidlercom80
      NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Sidi Trading

Comment

Hello sidlercom80,

Thank you for your note.

'marketPositon' could be used in OnExecutionUpdate to get the position of a strategy.

See the attached modified version of SampleOnOrderUpdate which draws the position from OnExecutionUpdate in the top left corner of a chart.

Also, see the help guide documentation below for more information.
        OnExecutionUpdate - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...tionupdate.htm

Let us know if we may assist further.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by NinjaTrader_BrandonH; 05-12-2021, 01:07 PM.
        Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by MarianApalaghiei, Today, 10:49 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
        Started by love2code2trade, Yesterday, 01:45 PM
        4 responses
        0 likes