Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Auto-Breakeven Profit Target when Price Retraces Position ATM Strategy Builder HELP!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auto-Breakeven Profit Target when Price Retraces Position ATM Strategy Builder HELP!!

Good afternoon everyone,

I am looking to create a simple extension of an ATM strategy. My goal is to take the functionality of the stop-loss auto break even feature and make it applicable to a profit target.

For example, when price retraces say 20 ticks against your position the ATM strategy would automatically place the profit target at the order entry price so that the trade will close once reached on first touch which to be filled is a tick above/below price.

I have never used strategy builder so any assistance would be much appreciated to make this process as seamless and user friendly as possible. Thank you in advance to whomever helps out. Blessings.
    Last edited by ikilledmarlon; 05-11-2021, 10:38 AM.

Welcome to the forums ikilledmarlon!

To get more acquainted using the Strategy Builder, I suggest following our publicly available Strategy Builder 301 course and to also practice setting up logic based on our Conditions and Actions examples.

Strategy Builder 301 (publicly available resource) — https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KQF2Sv27oE

Conditions examples —https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...on_builder.htm

Actions examples — https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...us/actions.htm

Please note that if you would like to dynamically move target/stop based on market conditions, you will need to use Exit methods in the Conditions and Actions page of the Strategy Builder and you would not be able to make dynamic stops and targets with the Stops and Targets page. I have attached an example that shows how you can create Auto Breakeven behaviors in the Strategy Builder. You may use this as inspiration to move a profit target order, which could be submitted with ExitLongLimit.

Please also note that in the Strategy Builder, an order will stay alive until the order method is no longer called. In the example, I use variables to signal when I want the logic to submit the initial stop and when I want to move it to another level.

We look forward to assisting.
    Attached Files
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by LawrenHom, Today, 10:45 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post LawrenHom  
    Started by love2code2trade, Yesterday, 01:45 PM