Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Holding Positions over the weekend or after disabling system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holding Positions over the weekend or after disabling system

i have an automated system that holds positions overnight or sometimes days. i had a position in Oil that was still long after the friday close. over the weekend the Auto strategy was disabled to use the computer for other reasons and then on Sunday, when the new session started, was re enabled. This morning i saw that the position was still live, but the chart trader marked the trade as closed sometime while i was sleeping.

i assume the auto trading system was no longer managing the trade since it was disabled on Friday, or never was managing the trade when it was re enabled Sunday night? please advise.

Hello hdge4u,

Thanks for your post.

Please check and advise on Tools>Options>Strategies> What the check box setting is (checked or unchecked) for:
    "Cancel entry orders when a strategy is disabled"
    "Cancel exit orders when a strategy is disabled"
    Reference:

Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

neither are checked. which i would prefer. because I want the system to pick up where it left off when it is re enabled.

please expand advise on this topic as it appeared the system was not actively managing the trade when it was re enabled Sunday.

Comment

Hello hdge4u,

Thanks for your reply.

Please use the start strategy mode of "Immediately submit". if a live working order exists it will be mapped to the historical order and resumes if the orders match. If they dont, the live order is replaced with the historically calculated order.

Reference: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help..._positions.htm

Comment

thanks. the way i understand this is;

if i have a live existing position and i "re enable" the strategy using "immediate submit"; the result would be as if the strategy was never disengaged?

on the other hand, if I have no open position, immediate submit would have nothing to submit until a condition is met.

therefore, everytime, I "re-enable" I could use this; with or without a position?

Comment

Hello

From the help guide,

Correct.

"This combination should only be used when you are sure your Account Position is the way you want it to be in relation to the Strategy Position prior to strategy start.

On startup, the strategy will begin executing orders immediately.

•Any active orders on the account previously generated by the strategy that does not match* an active strategy order will be cancelled. Should the strategy be unable to cancel and receive confirmation on the cancellation of these orders within 40 seconds the strategy will not start and an alert will be issued.

•The matching active orders on the account will then be mapped to the active strategy orders

•Any remaining active strategy orders that cannot be successfully paired will be submitted live and the strategy will begin managing your Strategy Position assuming your Account Position is in sync with it.

* A previously generated order is considered to match an active strategy order when the order action, order type, quantity, limit price, and stop price are exactly identical."
            Reference: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ediatelySubmit

You can test your different scenarios on your sim101 account.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by burtoninlondon, Today, 12:38 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post burtoninlondon  
            Started by AaronKoRn, Yesterday, 09:49 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes