Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Newbie Question: Sample MA Cross FALSE sync

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie Question: Sample MA Cross FALSE sync

Hello all, I know this topic is covered extensively but I am at a loss.

I have read all historical threads on FALSE sync issues, NT guidance notes, everything, but none of that advice is helping me.

Even if I try the simplest of strategies like a NT Sample MA Crossover, my account position is constantly getting out of sync with the strategy.
    • I've tried all 4 types of start behaviours - doesn't help;
    • I've tried dozens of different combinations of timeframes and MA speeds - doesn't help;
    • I've tried re-starting NT at the close of each day rather than running it 24/7 - doesn't help;
    • I've tried various candle types - doesn't help;
    • I am running one strategy on one instrument only; and,
    • It is not an internet issue. It only ever happens when the strategy is executing a new order.
    Has anyone got any advice?

I live in Dubai, UAE, so is there any chance it could be a latency issue between me and the futures markets in the US?

Once again, I'm sorry for rehashing well trodden ground but I have no idea how to solve it.
    Last edited by dxbtrader; 03-24-2021, 10:59 PM.

In a continuous attempt to try and help myself, I am now running my NT8 on ChartVPS to address any connection / latency issues. What I have then done is set up 2 identical simple MA crossover strategies on MES: one running in Sim and one running in my live account. Completely identical settings. Here is a screenshot of the current positions:

"Sample..." is the Sim and "MES ... " is OneUp live account

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	228
Size:	12.5 KB
ID:	1148459

As you can see, the Sim is 10S in both the strategy and account position. The real account is 10L in the strategy but 10S in the account position. The good thing is it is clearly in sync with the Sim account position. Can someone explain why they are frequently getting out of sync with each other? Is there something fundamental I'm not understanding, or placing too much emphasis on, in regards to the sync between strategy position versus account position?

Comment

I may be onto something. Now that I'm running the strategy in Sim alongside the real account, they are both synced.

But why the strategy position in the real account is different is baffling me. Shouldn't the strategy position in the real account be identical to the Sim?

Comment

Hello dxbtrader,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader forums!

What data feed are you connected to?
        Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Paul,

Thanks, glad to be here. So up until now I’ve been using a connection provided by OneUp which as you probably know is a license key they give as well as a connection via Rithmic connection. I’m beginning to wonder whether this has caused some sort of latency syncing issue. Anyway, I bought my own lifetime license a week or two ago and my account should be going live any day now; with my broker being Ninja.

This raises another question because I want to be able to trade my own money in my main Ninja account but I also want to continue with OneUp. I understand this is possible but I’m not yet sure how to do it.

Back to the FALSE sync issue, do you think it has something to do with the method I’ve been connecting to Ninja and data all this time (i.e. via OneUp’s credentials)?

I appreciate the feedback.

Comment

Hello dxbtrader,

Thanks for your reply.

"This raises another question because I want to be able to trade my own money in my main Ninja account but I also want to continue with OneUp. I understand this is possible but I’m not yet sure how to do it."
            Yes please follow the instructions on this web page to create the connection with your live key. http://ninjatrader.com/ConnectionGui...nnection-Guide

On the false sync issue, this is an expected condition that occurs because the order execution and position update can be in the incorrect sequence with the rithmic connection. We do have an open feature request identified as SFT-3467, "Improve ordering of Position Update events with Rithmic connections" that we have added your vote to.

A workaround for this is to display Position.MarketPosition from OnExecutionUpdate() with Draw.TextFixed so you can visualize the strategy position on the chart:
            References:

Comment

Ok, so it sounds like this issue might be fixed when I set up my new CCG datafeed with my lifetime license?

I know how I will connect my own datafeed but can you advise how I will also be able to set up my OneUp account and be able to trade from the same platform. So for example, ideally I might have one chart which is my own personal account and then another chart which may be linked to my OneUp account?

Will it be as simple as logging in with my own personal account and having one data connection to my NT brokerage and then another connection for OneUp? Can you have two connections at once?

Thanks
              Last edited by dxbtrader; 03-25-2021, 11:48 AM.

Comment

Hello dxbtrader,

Thanks for your reply.

There would be no issue with the CQG data feed, the issue is specific to Rithmic.

The forum thread topic is about strategy sync which has been fully answered.

So that we can keep the forum topics relevant, please write into PlatfromSupport[at]NinjaTrader[dot]com. with your oneup and live trading questions, thanks for your understanding.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
                7 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
                Started by NRITV, Today, 01:15 PM
                1 response
                0 likes