Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Jumping back into a strategy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jumping back into a strategy

Hello.
    As per the standard method, the system closes the positions on a strategy at market close, which is fine to avoid higher margin requirements. However, at market reopen, the strategy doesn't resume, which is not ideal. There should be a checkbox with this option (similar to the checkbox to keep the position "overnight"). And if I re-enter the position manually, I don't have an option to link the position to the strategy. Thank you.

Hello danfra,

Thank you for your post.

If you would like to enter a market order at the market open, you would need to have this controlled by your strategy's logic. For example, you could use a Time filter in your strategy to check if the Time is the time of the market open followed by placing a market order.

See this help guide documentation for information about using a Time filter - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...to_limit_t.htm

Also, you could add buttons to the strategy if you would like to have manual entries go through the strategy. Please see the Long Short Toolbar Buttons example script in our NinjaTrader Ecosystem User App Share Center for an example of how to add buttons to a NinjaScript.

Long Short Toolbar Buttons - https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use...bar-buttons-2/

Please let us know if we may assist further.
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you Brandon. I will read the pages you are recommending. However, my suggestion/question was for ways to do it without needing to go into the code and change it. If my strategy indicates a long position and I need to leave at market close, the long position should automatically resume at market open if the conditions still apply.

Comment

Hello danfra,

Thank you for your note.

To clarify, if your strategy places a long order and the order is exited/closed when the market closes, you are wanting the same position to resume when the market opens again?

If your strategy places a long order and the order exits/closes when the market closes, the long order would no longer be active. Since the order was closed, you would not be able to resume the same order position when the market opens. To place another long order when the market opens you would need to control this in your strategy's logic as suggested in my previous post.

Please let us know if we may assist further.
        Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by r68cervera, Today, 05:29 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post r68cervera  
        Started by geddyisodin, Today, 05:20 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes