Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Backtest Type - AI Generate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Backtest Type - AI Generate

Hello,

I accidentally selected backtest type - AI Generate (Experimental), and it was really interesting to see all those generated strategies.

However, I tried to increase "Keep best # results" to 1000 instead of default 10, but even though I increased it in Strategy Analyzer, after running the test, only 10 results were displayed. How can I really control this? I tried this twice and both times it give me same 10 instead of 1000 selected.

Hello UltraNIX,

Thank you for your note.

I've done some testing and looking into this and it appears that best # of results won't return a greater number of results than the Generation size setting. Further, best number of results doesn't mean that many good results will be generated - in my testing with my generation size set at 50 and keep best results, using 3 simple indicators and no candlestick patterns, that I get 43 results with the final result having a Performance of 0.0.

I'd suggest increasing your Generation size setting to see if you get more results. Keep in mind this will impact how long it takes to run an AI Generate pass.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
    Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by rt61968, 02-17-2018, 05:24 PM
    3 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post MasterEtrad3  
    Started by nuobo, Today, 07:43 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes