Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Plotted Arrow from Indicator should be used for StrategyBuilder entry Long / Short

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plotted Arrow from Indicator should be used for StrategyBuilder entry Long / Short

Hello,

I have an Indicator which Print an green Arrow for Long Signal and a red Arrow for Short Signal in the Chart.
    Iam not sure how to use the StrategyBuilder for EntrySignals?

How can I say that the StrategyBuilder should go Long on Green Arrow and Short on red Arrow?

Thank You,
    Daniel

Hello DannyB85,

Thanks for your post.

The Strategy Builder would not be able to read the arrows plotted on the chart.

If the indicator is one you created, you can add a hidden signal Plot in the indicator that can be used in the strategy builder, in the indicator you would set the plot value to be 0 for no signal, +1 for the up arrow and -1 for the down arrow.

If the indicator is not one you created, you can check to see if it already has a signal type plot by checking in the conditions builder by selecting the indicator and then observing if it shows a "Value Plot" selection. It may not show this which means you would not be able to use it in the Strategy Builder for a signal. If it shows a value plot, it still may not represent the signal but it would allow you to test to see if it does by printing out its value. It is also possible that there are more selections in the Value plot, if so test them all. Here is a link to a short video on an example of constructing a print statement in the strategy builder to print out values (a good debugging technique): https://paul-ninjatrader.tinytake.co...NV8xMDk5MDc5Nw
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Paul,

thanks, the print statement on NinjaOutput was an good idea. gives me the price for entry.

Thank u, you are great!

Comment

Hello Paul,

i have one problem again... the Signal in NinjaOutput give me the Entry Price only, but not if its Long or Short Signal...

In the DataWindow I have 2 fields

Buy signal | Price
        Sell signal | Price

Can I read the Data out of the DataWindow and use it in the Strategiebuilder?

Comment

Hello DannyB85,

Thanks for your reply.

Does the indicator provide two different plots under Value Plot?

You may need to contact the provider of the indicator you are using for further information that may help you.

Alternately, you may need to study the printed output values to the actions on the chart to see if there is another clue (condition) that correlates to the direction when the price prints.

Comment

Yes, I have two Plots. But i cant deactivate one of those. In the NinjaPutput I got only an Print from the Short Plot.

To read out data from the DataWindow ist not possible?

The Provider is unreachable...

Comment

Hello DannyB85,

Thanks for your reply.

You would need to be able to change to the other plot by selecting where it shows "Value Plot" when you click on the selection that shows, it should then show all plot selections (in this case just the other plot). I would suggest printing both plots so that on each bar you can see the values available which might help you know when it is applicable.

Correct, you cannot read from the charts "data box".

Comment

Hello Paul,

thanks for your reply...sorry but iam searching for an solution, because the Indicator is so nice...

I cant select another Plot. I can only change the color of the Arrows.

Is it possible to scan the Chart if something is plotted? So I make an Indicator which draw an green obejct if an green Arrow appears? And same for Red Arrow...
                Attached Files

Comment

Or can i decompile the Indicator from .dll?

Comment

Hello DannyB85,

Thanks for your reply.

I could not advise on decompiling as that is outside our area of support.

Your screenshot indicates that the indicator has two plots. In the strategy builder, when you select the indicator, can you then check the "value plot" and click it to then be able to select either of the two plots? If so I would suggest printing them both out on a bar by bar basis to see how they could be used in your strategy.

"Is it possible to scan the Chart if something is plotted? ", If the indicator creator used a plot method then no the chart could not be scanned for the plots.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by casabella, Today, 04:12 AM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post casabella  
                    Started by Ludwik, Today, 03:52 AM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes