Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

StrategyTemplate element within Strategy Analyzer Logs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

StrategyTemplate element within Strategy Analyzer Logs

I've been working on creating templates from strategy analyzer logs from optimizations and I don't really understand the inclusion of the StrategyTemplate element. It seems like the purpose of the element is to create a strategy template that can be saved as a standalone XML file. However, the numeric strategy parameters within the StrategyTemplate element don't match the best performing parameters from StrategyAnalyzerLog/StrategyAnalyzerGridEntry/Parameters. I've worked around this, but I'm left wondering why the StrategyTemplate element doesn't include them automatically. Any help would be appreciated.
    Jacob A. Grass
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Eos Trading Systems

My experience with saving an altered copy of a template file is to ignored the embedded template block. Everything loads properly as long as the rest of the document is valid.

Maybe it's just there because NT didn't explicitly exclude it via XMLIgnore.

I can't really comment on the best performing part, my feeling is that the values are probably those of the last selected one, basically the values in parenthesis in the UI next to the min/max/inc.

Actually for non optimizable parameters like DateTime, they are useful. Did this earn me a free license?
    Last edited by MojoJojo; 07-07-2020, 09:34 AM.

Comment

Hello eostradingsystems,

Thank you for your note.

That section is there so if you reload the particular run of the Strategy Analyzer it knows what the default settings should be within the Strategy Analyzer for that particular run - it cannot be saved separately as an actual strategy template as it does not have the same structure as a strategy template.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.

Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by nuobo, Today, 07:43 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post nuobo
      by nuobo

Started by ETFVoyageur, Today, 02:04 PM
      3 responses