Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

switch off pc after set a strategy ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

switch off pc after set a strategy ?

hello
    if i will set on a strategy and after i switch off my computer ...when i turn on my computer trades will be executed or not ?
    thank you a lot .

Hello traderMNQ,

Welcome to the NinjaTrader support forum.

When running a strategy that is held locally on your PC so you would need to leave NinjaTrader platform running for the strategy to execute trades. If you turn off the PC that will disable the strategy and prevent anything from happening.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jesse View Post
      Hello traderMNQ,

Welcome to the NinjaTrader support forum.

When running a strategy that is held locally on your PC so you would need to leave NinjaTrader platform running for the strategy to execute trades. If you turn off the PC that will disable the strategy and prevent anything from happening.

thank you for your reply
      SO i if my PC turned off for some reason , my strategy will be reset off ...and i can use it just only when my PC on .....right ?

Comment

Hello traderMNQ,

You have understood correctly, the PC needs to be on for the strategy to work.

Some traders use virtual private servers to run NinjaTrader 24/7 in the cloud. If you didn't want to run this on your PC for the full trading session that would be an option.

JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jesse View Post

Some traders use virtual private servers to run NinjaTrader 24/7 in the cloud. If you didn't want to run this on your PC for the full trading session that would be an option.

seriously first time i hear about theses servers !!! how i can use it and where to find more information about it ? i think will be very useful ..

Comment

Hello traderMNQ,

This is Chris following up on behalf of Jesse.

There are a handful of third-party VPS providers that would allow you to run NinjaTrader on a remote server. Here is a link to the NinjaTrader Ecosystem website with search results for third-party VPS providers. You can find more information about these companies by visiting their websites and contacting them directly:The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The companies and services listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

Let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by llanqui, Today, 03:53 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post llanqui
            by llanqui

Started by burtoninlondon, Today, 12:38 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes