Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

My Strategy - Im New Please Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Strategy - Im New Please Help

Hi, I'm new, and I'm in trouble, actually in 2. He managed to automate my method, but I ran into the following problems: 1 - I have to unlock the code to be able to modify a parameter that makes a subtraction. If I do this I understand that I will no longer be able to modify the strategy from the assistant, therefore, where would I stop my strategy to apply it? 2 - My method follows a trend, according to which would enter long or short, how can I configure a panel where I can select to only open long or only open short? can anybody help me? I would also like to configure a button to close all positions. From already thank you very much.

Hello luisTF,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Ninjatrader forums!

Correct, if you unlock the strategy you would not be able to use the Strategy Builder on that particular strategy file. Once you unlock the strategy, to access it for editing you would use New>Ninjascipt Editor. Here is a link to the help guide on the editor: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...components.htm You may want to sign up for the free Ninjascript editor webinar here: https://ninjatrader.com/Webinar/NinjaScript-Editor-401

You can create public bool variables for Long and for Short that you can use to enable to disable the long or short trades when you apply the strategy. The bool variable would be used in your entry conditions. This can be done in the strategy builder as well as Ninjascript.

A button to close all positions would require more advanced coding and is certainly possible. I can point you to an example that uses buttons in a strategy: https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use...bar-buttons-2/ Please note: The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ty Paul. I cant download the example of the buttons. Thats buttons, block short anda aloow long, and block long and allow short?

Comment

Hello luisTF,

Thanks for your reply.

When you click on the link i provided, you should see an Orange colored download button, left click that button, next you should see a pop-up window with Ninjatrader terms and conditions that you have to acknowledge by click on the "I accept" check box, once check you would then see in the same pop-up window a Blue colored check download button, once clicked the download would occur, sending the download typically to your downloads folder.

If tyou do not see the pop-up window, you may need to disable any pop-up blockers. Alternately you can try using a different browser.

Here is a basic guideline of how to Import NinjaScripts.

To import NinjaScripts you will need the original .zip file.

To Import
        1. Download the NinjaScripts to your desktop, keep them in the compressed .zip file.
        2. From the Control Center window select the menu Tools>Import>ninjascript add-ons
        3. Select the downloaded .zip file
        4. NinjaTrader will then confirm if the import has been successful.
        Critical - Specifically for some NinjaScripts, it will prompt that you are running newer versions of @SMA, @EMA, etc. and ask if you want to replace, press 'No'

Regarding, " Thats buttons, block short anda aloow long, and block long and allow short?" I believe the buttons enable long or short trades and then will also exit long or short trades when clicked. Once downloaded you can test on your sim101 account as well as view the coding for entering and exiting trades.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PaulH View Post
          Hello luisTF,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Ninjatrader forums!

Correct, if you unlock the strategy you would not be able to use the Strategy Builder on that particular strategy file. Once you unlock the strategy, to access it for editing you would use New>Ninjascipt Editor. Here is a link to the help guide on the editor: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...components.htm You may want to sign up for the free Ninjascript editor webinar here: https://ninjatrader.com/Webinar/NinjaScript-Editor-401

You can create public bool variables for Long and for Short that you can use to enable to disable the long or short trades when you apply the strategy. The bool variable would be used in your entry conditions. This can be done in the strategy builder as well as Ninjascript.

A button to close all positions would require more advanced coding and is certainly possible. I can point you to an example that uses buttons in a strategy: https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use...bar-buttons-2/ Please note: The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

There'll be a recording of the webinar?
          thanks

Comment

Hello Gianni78bari,

Thanks for your reply.

You can go to this link to access all webinar recording: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLgb...ZmVnauWXkWe0Nf

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by jxs_xrj, 01-12-2020, 09:49 AM
            6 responses
            1 like
            Last Post jgualdronc  
            Started by Touch-Ups, Today, 10:36 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes