Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

offset in strategy builder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

offset in strategy builder

I'm trying to build an indicator so I can quit plotting by hand. What I'm doing in the builder is trying to plot the vwap only and then have a couple band above and below that are user defined variables but offset. The variables I calculate in excel and would enter once a day. What I have done so far in condition builder is plot a vwap with the offset set to arithmetic and the amount set to user input1. I get an error about generating XML file so wondering if what I want is possible through the builder. Thanks

Hello dedouglas,

Thanks for your post.

Please post your strategy so I can better understand your approach in the strategy builder. (Attach the CS file of the strategy from Documents>NinjaTrader8>bin>Custom>Strategies> it will be the name of your strategy .CS)

If you prefer not to post your strategy, please feel free to send into PlatformSupport[at]NinjaTrader[dot]Com. Mark the subject Atten Paul and tick # 2351317. Also, please include a link to this thread in the body of the e-mail for reference.
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi

I actually just deleted it because I was stumped. All I;m attempting to do with this is plot a multiplier of the vwap that is defined by me at the start of a session. There would be 3-4 bands above and below each with its own multiplier that I pull from my spreadsheet. Not sure if strategy builder is capable of this was just starting there since I'm not a coder from scratch

Comment

Hello dedouglas,

Thanks for your reply.

The strategy builder does not provide a plots type option, you can certainly draw objects such as lines but not in a way that plots do and would likely create a lot of draw objects that may impact performance.

As you wanted to use it as an indicator then I recommend creating it as an indicator by using the Ninjascript indicator Wizard. The wizard is like the strategy builder in that it will help you create your inputs and help you create your plots but it does not create the code in OnBarUpdate() for you. As your plots are quite simple the wizard would do about 75% of the work for you. Here is a link to the Ninjascript wizard(s): https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...?ns_wizard.htm

If you would prefer to have the indicator created for you, we can provide link(s) to 3rd party programmers that you can contact to discuss your needs.
        Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by popecapllc, 08-09-2023, 07:42 PM
        8 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Johng22
        by Johng22

Started by ETFVoyageur, 04-30-2024, 02:04 PM
        11 responses