Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Multiple timeframes (timescales) -- Strategy Analyzer vs. regular NT8 Chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A concern: NinjaTrader 8's Options > General > Properties > Preferences lists the Time zone as "(UTC-06:00) Central Time (U.S. & Canada)"...however, with daylight savings time the actual UTC is -05:00.

Is this possibly the issue...? How does NT otherwise account for Daylight Savings Time...?

Comment

Hello MH358,

Thank you for your reply.

Daylight saving time is accounted for depending on if the selected timezone supports daylight savings, I am unsure if this would be related to what you are displaying based on the given details.

Are you using the most recent release of NT8 8.0.17.2?

Can you also detail what data provider you are connecting to for historical data during this test? If possible I would like to connect to the same provider and use the same general settings to try and recreate this further.

The image you previously provided only shows the granularity of Daily timestamps, how are you currently viewing that the hour is 1 hour off, are you using the Databox or are you scaling into the data to where you can see hourly timestamps? I can see the bars look slightly different, however, I cannot see the hours listed here.

Were these images taken back to back meaning was the test done at the same time? If there was a period of time between tests, this could be a difference in newly downloaded data between those tests.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
      JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Just to close this out: What I finally discovered was causing the problem was my error (not surprising, and I suspected all along that it was something very simple): "Break at EOD" was de-selected.

Quite a bit of a rodeo and lost time to sort that out, but I again take full blame as I also knew that one day this thing would bite me...simply because I didn't understand what it was doing or meant for with respect to time-based charts. "I do now...!" :-\

-- MH358

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
        5 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Bidder
        by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
        4 responses