Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Different values for Swing indicator on Chart vs Multi TF strategy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Different values for Swing indicator on Chart vs Multi TF strategy

Hey guys,
    I'm trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong on a small sample Multi TF strategy. When I load up the Swing Indicator on the higher TF and print out the Swing Lows/Highs, I see different values than what I see on my chart set to the same timeframe. Can you tell me why this is occurring? I've attached my sample script and ran it on NQ 03-19 on 2/25/2019. If you load the Swing indicator on your chart and compare it to the printed values, they are different.
    Attached Files

Hello PN720,

Thanks for your post.

I have been able to replicate your results and will need to investigate further.

In the meantime, if you replace BarsArray[1] with Closes[1] you will get the correct values.

I will update this thread when I have further information
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello PN720,

Just to update you.

The issue you reported was determined as a bug and has been fixed for the next release of NinjaTrader8. You should be able to use BarsArray[1] as the input (although closes works as well).

The bug was identified as NTEIGHT-13612, "Swing Input should not be used when BarsArray passed as Input".

Thanks for reporting your observation.

Comment

Ok, got it, thanks for the update. Does this affect any other indicators? I remember a while back, I tried EMA and saw different numbers as well?

Comment

Hello PN720,

Thanks for your reply.

The specific issue is that the Swing indicator uses the High and Low data series of the bar when connected to price data series and uses the (single) input value when connected to an indicator. In this case, the swing indicator was misreading the BarsArray as an indicator type input and using the single value inputs so internally its high and low were being set the same as the close. We have corrected that behavior and the fix will be available in the next release of NinjaTrader8.

There are no other indicators that have the same input type coding as Swing that are included with the platform. In the case of the EMA, it is written to accept any input so it would not have the same issue.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by lightsun47, Today, 03:51 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post lightsun47  
          Started by 00nevest, Today, 02:27 PM
          1 response
          0 likes