Collapse

Make chart refresh rate faster than 250ms possible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it's not too much trouble, add my vote also. On a side note is the invigorate rate restricted to just the diagram or is it forced elsewhere in NT8?

Comment

the refresh rate for a chart is 250ms. Other windows may be faster. If you asked about a specific window I could give you a more specific answer.

Comment

Originally posted by marktrading View Post

Thanks.
        is 0.1 the minimum? Is there an indicator that allows lower than that?
        There's an indicator for NT7. Check out this video https://youtu.be/fgTzKdz3o1s

Comment

I'm adding my vote, too. Been having some issues with slower charts lately. Wonder if this could be part of the reason why...

Comment

Johnny , a 'slow chart' can have many root causes. Unless your desire is to visually see data update on a chart faster than every 250ms (but otherwise there are no adverse symptoms), then you're likely experiencing other root causes of a 'slow chart'. I'll add your vote to SFT-1536, but I highly recommend that you reach out to our support team at PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com so we may accurately diagnose any issues you may be experiencing.

Comment

please add my vote.

Patrick, can you update the thread on NinjaTrader's plans for this? It has been 3 years since the thread was started.
              1. How many votes does the request now have?
              2. Why hasn;t the request been implemented given the high number of votes
              3. What is NinjaTraders plan in regard to implementing this request? If you have no intention of implementing it then please be honest and say so.

Comment

b16_aln, there is an add-on solution for any users who believe that 250ms chart refresh rate is too slow, so there is a free solution right now:
                Deciding on features for future releases is not a simple black-and-white decision. There are many factors involved including but not limited to:
                • The demand, which is measured by objective user requests and subjective discretion on the part of our Product Management team.
                • Feasibility
                • Developer bandwidth
                • Current projects in the queue
                • Economics
                You'll find a note regarding your feature request in the release notes when a feature is implemented.

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                  I'm adding my vote, too. Been having some issues with slower charts lately. Wonder if this could be part of the reason why...
                  Johnny See the video in my post at https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...evel-2-with-td

Is that the same that you're experiencing?

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
                    b16_aln, there is an add-on solution for any users who believe that 250ms chart refresh rate is too slow, so there is a free solution right now:
                    Deciding on features for future releases is not a simple black-and-white decision. There are many factors involved including but not limited to:
                    • The demand, which is measured by objective user requests and subjective discretion on the part of our Product Management team.
                    • Feasibility
                    • Developer bandwidth
                    • Current projects in the queue
                    • Economics
                    You'll find a note regarding your feature request in the release notes when a feature is implemented.

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.
                    Wow, so your solution is a 3rd party unnofical app? Does Ninjatrader endorse and gurantee the safety of this app/solution?

Could you also answer the questions I put to you please Patrick. You are always trying to deflect when asked straighforward questions. They are not controversial questions. As paid users this is important information for us to have so please do your clients the courtesy of providing answers to these very reasonable questions.
                    1. How many votes does the request now have?
                    2. Why hasn;t the request been implemented given the high number of votes
                    3. What is NinjaTraders plan in regard to implementing this request? If you have no intention of implementing it then please be honest and say so.

Comment

#b16_aln - it is worse than that, not only are you forced by Ninja to use a 3rd-party add-on to get much and long demanded fit-for-purpose refresh rate which was downgraded from NT7 and as provided by competitors, Ninja advise that you DO NOT use it, far away from provide a Ninja-developed add-on solution, guaranteed or otherwise

In case this helps re: any reticence to use TickRefresh (being 3rd-party, unsupported) I can report I have used it without incident for thousands of hours under many conditions. My particular setup, so it is anecdotal experience and you may not have the same etc.

I appreciate it is not what you’re asking of Ninja - which is to revert NT8 to NT7 with respect to chart refresh rate handling, and a straight answer to if, when, and if not why not.

I’d venture that the likelihood of you getting any of that is about the same today as it was three years ago :-)

Hope this helps

Comment

b16_aln, third-party add-ons on the NinjaTrader Ecosystem are a completely legitimate solution to a specific desire any user may have. One of NinjaTrader's pillars of success is the robust ecosystem of available add-ons that can fill any trader's desire. This means a user like you can tailor their NinjaTrader as they see fit for themselves. If NinjaTeader included every single feature request or add-on within NinjaTrader by default, it would be a bloated (perhaps unusable) piece of software. As brucerobinson mentioned, you may be able to use the tickrefresh add-on with no adverse consequences.

I understand your passion and concern for this particular feature. however, the direct answers to your questions won't change the current priorities of the Development Team and won't 'fast track' the desires of this thread. The statement I provided is the only answer we'll be providing on this topic at this time. If you thumb through this thread and other similar threads, you'll find posts from NinjaTrader_Brett who is our Vice President of Technology, who is in direct control of the path of development of the NinjaTrader platform.

Furthermore, when most people report 'chart lag' and want the chart refresh rate to be faster because they believe that is the bottleneck, that is often not the correct solution. In fact, doing so would actually make their symptoms worse. In many cases, the root cause of the lag is what we would call 'rendering delay'. This is when a combination of market volatility, workspace complexity, and PC capabilities introduces delays in NinjaTrader's ability to render data on a chart causing the chart to fall behind real-time. The easiest way to tell if you're experiencing this or not is to first detect the issue then immediately disconnect from data. If your charts keep updating with data when no data feed is connected, then you're experiencing 'chart rendering delay'. I encourage you to contact us via email at PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com if you can verify you're experiencing this so we can provide a solution tailored to you.

We have many exciting things in development for NinjaTrader, and while I can understand and realize your and everyone in this thread's strong desire for the feature to be implemented, there is simply no meaningful information to provide at this time. If there is something meaningful to report on this topic, you'll find it in the release notes.
                        Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 09-09-2021, 06:26 AM.

Comment

I started this thread because Development made a retrograde change to chart refresh rate core platform functionality, slower than competing products and which many users of 7 noticed and found not fit for purpose.

Subsequently a User created a workaround add-on to overcome NT’s refusal to respond.

To make out that this situation is a ‘benefit’ for Users both beggars belief and is as expected in equal measure - to have the core functionality as 7 and many other platforms is not ‘bloat ware’, and the need to use 3rd-party add-ons to circumvent a ‘blunt instrument’ approach is not advantageous to the User.

A completely disingenuous and misleading response to the reality. I didn’t need TickRefresh 3rd-party add-on for this in NT7.

There is a marked difference between what is expected as fit-for-purpose of the core platform, and the flexibility and ability to meet every trader’s heart’s desire.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
                            b16_aln, third-party add-ons on the NinjaTrader Ecosystem are a completely legitimate solution to a specific desire any user may have. One of NinjaTrader's pillars of success is the robust ecosystem of available add-ons that can fill any trader's desire. This means a user like you can tailor their NinjaTrader as they see fit for themselves. If NinjaTeader included every single feature request or add-on within NinjaTrader by default, it would be a bloated (perhaps unusable) piece of software. As brucerobinson mentioned, you may be able to use the tickrefresh add-on with no adverse consequences.

I understand your passion and concern for this particular feature. however, the direct answers to your questions won't change the current priorities of the Development Team and won't 'fast track' the desires of this thread. The statement I provided is the only answer we'll be providing on this topic at this time. If you thumb through this thread and other similar threads, you'll find posts from NinjaTrader_Brett who is our Vice President of Technology, who is in direct control of the path of development of the NinjaTrader platform.

Furthermore, when most people report 'chart lag' and want the chart refresh rate to be faster because they believe that is the bottleneck, that is often not the correct solution. In fact, doing so would actually make their symptoms worse. In many cases, the root cause of the lag is what we would call 'rendering delay'. This is when a combination of market volatility, workspace complexity, and PC capabilities introduces delays in NinjaTrader's ability to render data on a chart causing the chart to fall behind real-time. The easiest way to tell if you're experiencing this or not is to first detect the issue then immediately disconnect from data. If your charts keep updating with data when no data feed is connected, then you're experiencing 'chart rendering delay'. I encourage you to contact us via email at PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com if you can verify you're experiencing this so we can provide a solution tailored to you.

We have many exciting things in development for NinjaTrader, and while I can understand and realize your and everyone in this thread's strong desire for the feature to be implemented, there is simply no meaningful information to provide at this time. If there is something meaningful to report on this topic, you'll find it in the release notes.
                            Seems bizarre that you refuse to answer some pretty legitimate questions. If you have no intention to implement the suggestion at this time then why not just say that and be honest with your clients who use your product in good faith, that way everyone is clear and can make informed decision about whether the product is right for them. This whole idea of not being clear that you are not intenting to make the changes comes across as an attempt to trick users into having hope that if they keep waiting and voting the change might just be implemented is just devious imo. It isnt a bad thing that you don;t intend to implemet a change, it's just a decision but it is a bad thing when you're not not open and honest about with your client. Just my thoughts on the matter.

Comment

Originally posted by clabough View Post

Johnny See the video in my post at https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...evel-2-with-td

Is that the same that you're experiencing?
                              It's possible. It was a bit challenging to see what was going on to be honest.

Comment

Thinking about this, does this mean that OnBarUpdate will be called at most 4 times per second? That's not good for algo/strategy traders for fast-moving instruments.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by deamenvc, Today, 05:00 AM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post deamenvc  
                                Started by r68cervera, Today, 04:45 AM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post r68cervera