Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Ability to draw arrow from chart panel to bottom indicator panel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ability to draw arrow from chart panel to bottom indicator panel?

Hello Support,

Is it possible to draw an arrow from the chart panel to the bottom indicator panel, which means drawing over other indicator panels?

The only way I found, if I want to point an arrow from chart to bottom indicator panel is to draw multiple arrows in a row, one for each panel?

Is there a setting I need to tick to make this work?

See screenshot

Appreciate your help
    Attached Files

Hello TraderYoda,

Unfortunately this is not supported. Drawing objects are applied per panel. It is not possible to apply a drawing object that spans multiple panels.

I will forward the suggestion to apply drawing tools across multiple panels to development.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_Jason; 05-18-2017, 03:52 AM.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

The suggestion has been added to the list of possible future enhancements and is assigned to SFT-2254.
      JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Any updates on status of SFT-2254? I too would like to be able to annotate a chart by drawing an arrow from an "interesting point" on one indicator to the next "interesting point" on a different indicator. I.e., to show a progression of "events"- first look for this indicator crossing then look for this other indicator to change slope etc. Currently I can draw a circle around those points in each indicators panel but I can't draw an arrow from one to the other. If a whole-chart "overlay" panel/area were defined (for example Panel 0) I could then draw on that panel 0 and get arrows to span across multiple individual indicators or I could draw a Region highlight X that goes the full chart height,
        Last edited by scenewright; 02-03-2022, 01:51 PM.

Comment

Hello scenewright,

Thank you for your reply.

There is no current update on SFT-2254 but we are still gathering user interest. I have added a vote on your behalf to this request.

As with all feature requests, interest is tracked before implementation is considered, so we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment. If implemented, it will be noted in the Release Notes page of the Help Guide.

Release Notes — https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
          Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Kate,

It seems like this is already being done internally to some degree (for example the Trading hours break line and also 3rd party apps like Bloodhound draw their "racing stripes" across all panels)
            Is there some documentation or examples you could point to for a programmatic solution?

Comment

Hello scenewright,

Thank you for your reply.

Not really, no. If you had a particular indicator and you wanted it to draw on the price panel and also on the indicator panel some folks have had success changing DrawOnPricePanel dynamically (for example, set DrawOnPricePanel to true, draw, then set to false, and draw so drawing is also made on indicator panel). I do not have any examples of this, however. It is possible to change the background of all panels, using BackBrushAll or BackBrushesAll:

Other than that, we would have the feature request that I've already added a vote on your behalf to.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
              Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by cre8able, Today, 03:20 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post cre8able  
              Started by Fran888, 02-16-2024, 10:48 AM
              3 responses
              0 likes